Euro-Drive Lite First Drive Impressions - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 150Likes

post #1 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Cool Euro-Drive Lite First Drive Impressions

Got it yesterday afternoon and installed it. Took it out for 70 mile drive today. Mind you the temps here today are mid 90s.

First Impression...WOW!!!!...what a difference. I have not really laid it to the floor yet...just part throttle accels. The low rpm torque increases are substantial. I have the automatic and 2nd/3rd gear pulls from 2500 up to 4000 are quite fun now and very impressive. It was worth every penny. This is the way this car should have been from the factory. I will post further updates as I get more miles. Next time out later this evening when it cools off I will be hitting it harder up to redline. Stay tuned for the next update. Thanks Eurocompulsion...Greg...Chris...Jordan and everyone else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	3426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0908.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	3434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	3442  
Greg, racergary, JFernald and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 09:05 PM

Garage
Is there not another place to install that super-large ECU? I prefer a stealth look for my mods, unless you absolutely can't hide it (a larger turbo in the 124 will be hard to hide!) Plus it's rather close to the screenwash inlet, and if you're a bit careless...

On the Fiat Coupe here in Europe, a little box of electrics (to do with A/C etc.) was originally placed similarly on top of the screenwash reservoir, but relocated on later cars...

Driving FIATs since 1977
1985½ Pininfarina SpiderEuropa & 1996 Fiat Coupe 20v turbo & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2̶0̶1̶6̶ ̶F̶i̶a̶t̶ ̶1̶2̶4̶ ̶S̶p̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶A̶n̶n̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶U̶K̶ ̶#̶6̶2̶ 2017 Italia Blue Lusso Plus
post #3 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Vendor

There is plenty of wiring length, so you can put it wherever you want. I happen to like that specific location, but if you don't, you can put it somewhere else.

Greg

eurocompulsion.net
post #4 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 01:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAdrenaline View Post
Got it yesterday afternoon and installed it. Took it out for 70 mile drive today. Mind you the temps here today are mid 90s.

First Impression...WOW!!!!...what a difference. I have not really laid it to the floor yet...just part throttle accels. The low rpm torque increases are substantial. I have the automatic and 2nd/3rd gear pulls from 2500 up to 4000 are quite fun now and very impressive. It was worth every penny. This is the way this car should have been from the factory. I will post further updates as I get more miles. Next time out later this evening when it cools off I will be hitting it harder up to redline. Stay tuned for the next update. Thanks Eurocompulsion...Greg...Chris...Jordan and everyone else.
Pure,

I will be installing the EDL on my automatic Lusso in the next few days. (As soon as I can get my wife's Subaru out of the garage for a few hours.) How long did it take you to install?

John

2017 Fiat 124 Spider, Aluminum Lusso AT, CravenSpeed Stubby antenna, LED interior& trunk lights, V4 intake, GFB DV+, EC EDL (Race+), Burger Tuning catch can, WeatherTech floor and cargo mats, CoverKing cover (from GWR), Advanti DST Storm S1 17 (40 mm offset), Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Ruger LCP

1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, Medium Blue Metallic
post #5 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator

(Thread Starter)
It took around 2 hours. You will spend half that time getting the cam sensor connector off and the harness back on it. It's all by feel and it's very cramped spot. It helps if you have small hands and forearms like me. The other connections are fairly simple. Spend some time securing the harness to the existing harnesses. I used 3m moulding tape to attach the control box to the top of the washer reservoir. It has survived 2 100 degree days here and it sticking great. If I can help in any other way let me know.

Last edited by PureAdrenaline; 10-09-2016 at 04:31 PM.
post #6 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Vendor

The cam sensor is buried in there, however if you follow the instructions it's not too bad to deal with. Once you drive the car with Euro+Drive Lite, you will know it was worth the installation time.

Greg
PureAdrenaline likes this.

eurocompulsion.net
post #7 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 05:31 PM

Are there any quantitative data (hp/torque increases) out there yet? Guesstimates? Would you say maybe 20hp?

Quote:

post #8 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
Are there any quantitative data (hp/torque increases) out there yet? Guesstimates? Would you say maybe 20hp?
All data is on another thread in this forum or at this link

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/colle...ystem-fiat-124

around 48 whp and 40 wft-lbs. It feels every bit of that. Take a look at the data on the charts.
post #9 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
All data is on another thread in this forum or at this link

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/colle...ystem-fiat-124

around 48 whp and 40 wft-lbs. It feels every bit of that. Take a look at the data on the charts.
Thanks! Trying to make sense of this. 48 whp translates to how many hp total? 200?

Also, do you think it pushes 0-60 close to 5 secs?
post #10 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
Thanks! Trying to make sense of this. 48 whp translates to how many hp total? 200?
The linked page has a dyno chart with max HP and torque values.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page