Fiat 124 Spider / Abarth Euro+Drive Flash Tuning - Now Available - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 242Likes

post #1 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Fiat 124 Spider / Abarth Euro+Drive Flash Tuning - Now Available

TO PURCHASE: HERE

EUROCOMPULSIONŽ is pleased to present the ultimate engine control unit (ECU) upgrade for the FIAT 124 SPIDER/ABARTH. The EURO+DRIVEŽ Tuning system is available in power-specific variations and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s factory ECU through the OBD-II port without any physical modification to the factory ECU. The EURO+DRIVEŽ functionality puts the control of the engine’s operation at your fingertips and allows for comprehensive tuning calibrations that do not only effect power output but drive-ability, throttle response, consistency and smooths over-all power delivery.

EURO+DRIVEŽ FEATURES:
  • True OBD2 Flash Tuning/Calibrations
  • Use of Genuine OEM Software,Maps and Protocols
  • Simple User Interface (with on-line instructions)
  • Storage of 5 maps for convenient map switching (including your stock map)
  • Each Calibration is custom calibrated to your ECU specific file and VIN number
  • Calibrations will include modification optimization
  • Calibrations will Optimize power, drive-ability, and efficiency
  • Unparalleled consistent, linear, & smooth power delivery
  • Calibrations will retain OEM tuning logic ( IE self adaptation) and all safety checks
  • Flashing procedure is easy, safe and protects against incomplete/incompatible flashes
  • All factory hardware works properly
  • The EURO+DRIVEŽ does not hack/manipulate or bypass the factory ECU
  • Full control over all engine parameters
  • Specially requested Calibrations available (additional fees may apply)
  • 91oct minimal fuel requirement
  • Calibrations are fine tuned and custom tailored for your existing modifications
  • EURO+DRIVE Calibrations are street/AutoX/Track proven with an extremely high ratio of podium finishes
  • No physical removal of ECU is required

EURO+DRIVEŽ Operation Times (2017+): Read (16 MIN.) Write (16 MIN.)

EURO+DRIVEŽ MANAGER & PORTAL:
  • Use your PC to easily access the EURO+DRIVEŽ portal to manage your calibration files..
  • Upload your read ECU files, download the latest calibrations, and browse user software and installation instructions.
  • All Phase 1/2 Calibrations are included in the initial purchase
  • Via this portal, EC will continually offer new calibrations, updates, all for FREE.

Your portal login credentials will be emailed to you at the time of shipment of your handheld unit.

EURO+DRIVEŽ TECH INFORMATION: Coming Soon

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: Coming Soon

EURO+DRIVEŽ CALIBRATIONS:
  • 197+ WHP PHASE 1
  • XXX+WHP PHASE 2 Coming Soon

SUPPORTED YEARS & APPLICATIONS:

2017+ - ALL MODELS AND TRANSMISSIONS AVAILABLE

FAQ & NOTES:

-How does the Euro+Drive process work?
Very simple. Once you receive your handheld, you will set it up via the installation instructions. These can be found on the website or by logging into your portal area. You will then use the device to read your stock ECU file. Once completed, you will upload your stock ECU file to your portal folder. This goes straight to our team, and we will create your tuned maps based off of your stock file and listed modifications. These maps will be completed within 48 hours, and uploaded to your portal folder. The portal will send you a notification when they are available. Upload your maps to your device, and use the device to flash the tuned file of your choice to your ECU.

-What is on the portal, and how do access my folders/info?
We will set you up with an account on the portal at the time of shipment. This account login will use the email you provided at purchase, and you will get a notification at this email address in regards to login. What you will see on the portal:

-Your personal folders; this is where you will upload/download your maps and store any other tune related information
-Software and installation folder; you will have access to the 124 Spider software and installation instructions folder. In this folder contains a copy of your client software, which is an application you will install on your computer to communicate with, update, upload/download files, and other features with your handheld device. This folder also has tech information, installation pdfs, and a tune request pdf. You will download the tune request pdf and fill it out with your vehicle modifications, info, and any other details we need to know in regards to making your tune file. You can upload this to your personal folders when finished.

-Can I flash back to my stock file?
Yes, your stock file is included in your map list, and can be flashed back and forth at any time.

-What should I do when going to the dealer, or I plan to have my ECU updated?
Always flash back to the stock file when taking a trip to the dealer. In the event that your ECU is updated with a new software release, and the stock file has been flashed onto the ECU beforehand, we can simply instruct you to reset your handheld, re-read the ECU with new stock file, and we will create new maps for you based on the new software. Your old files will no longer be compatible. Failure to do this will result in a lock on the unit, and there will be a fee to unlock the device.

-How do you map non-sport mode and sport mode?
Both modes are mapped in one single calibration file. Flashing only one file is required to map both modes. Phase 2 will offer a number of features, including dual map mode of your choice (for example: non-sport Phase 1, sport Phase 2 etc), raised rev limiter and more. You will have the ability to check or confirm these features on the tune request form when they're released. These features will be offered at no charge.

-How do I use my handheld device?
The device has many features. It can store a total of 5 maps at once, and the interface is simple to use. A few no-nos: never reset your unit unless requested by EC. There are also specific guidelines for things to do and not to do during flashing of your vehicle. These will be listed in the installation instructions, so be sure you are familiar with them before starting the process as not following the instructions can result in difficulties with your unit.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns, or technical support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E+D Now Available.jpg
Views:	3436
Size:	800.6 KB
ID:	11266  
Greg, PureAdrenaline, Drew and 4 others like this.

---

www.eurocompulsion.net
www.facebook.com/Eurocompulsion
instagram.com/eurocompulsion/

Jolly Club Racing: shopeurocompulsion.net/pages/eurocompulsion-fleet
www.facebook.com/jollyclubnorthamerica

Last edited by tuning@eurocompulsion; 02-22-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 02:52 PM

Looks like this is the one for me. Once I save up I will order one for my Lusso. You guys rock.
post #3 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 04:09 PM

Garage
Any ETA of Phase 2?

2018 Abarth 124
post #4 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth124 View Post
Any ETA of Phase 2?
No. It is in development, but no ETA as of yet. We are aiming to make it more aggressive than Phase 1, and with many more features, so it's going to need a good deal of testing.
Drew likes this.

---

www.eurocompulsion.net

post #5 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 04:38 PM

Great News EC! Now, is there any reason in the world (short of not knowing how to use a laptop) that I shouldn't go this way verses the ECU Clone option you guys offer? Perhaps Chris or Greg could chime in on this subject. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to toggle from two different maps with a flick of the sport button. Thanks!!!
Drew
post #6 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 05:01 PM

Garage
post #7 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Great News EC! Now, is there any reason in the world (short of not knowing how to use a laptop) that I shouldn't go this way verses the ECU Clone option you guys offer? Perhaps Chris or Greg could chime in on this subject. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to toggle from two different maps with a flick of the sport button. Thanks!!!
Drew
As far as tune features and options, they will be about the same as far as calibrations.

There are really two big differences:
-convenience
-flash footprint

The ECU clone option essentially preserves the stock flash from a file footprint. The handheld device is by far more convenient, but will affect the flash counter. We have never had either be an issue with service/warranty, so it really comes down to the preference of the end user.
Drew likes this.

---

www.eurocompulsion.net

post #8 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 05:55 PM

Inquiring minds would like to know ...what was the aha!! moment that you guys were able to crack the OBD software?
post #9 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWy View Post
Inquiring minds would like to know ...what was the aha!! moment that you guys were able to crack the OBD software?
We are a testing partner for Dimsport, mostly for the platforms that we mainly work on (Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, etc), but sometimes for other oddball projects (we recently did OBDII flash tuning for the newest Ford Focus RS).

The ECU in the 124 is a Fiat/MM unit, one they have used in other Multiair models such as the 500 Abarth. FCA purposely unbridged certain connections on the motherboard that made it impossible to use any other serial communications out of the box. Once this was finally sorted out a direct connection was made internally with the ECU, and with Dimsport we sorted out the electronic/file bits.

But we were all under the impression it would be using an FCA based protocol for OBDII. Turns out that was not the case. After the BCM and Can-Bus system info was dissected, Dimsport was able to use that data to put together protocols to try. Many revisions did not work, and logging them was tiring. They came through with a last revision, and much to my surprise when I looked down and it was working! After some tweaks, they released this protocol publicly yesterday.

I wouldn't say we cracked it, Dimsport are the real heroes.

---

www.eurocompulsion.net

post #10 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 07:11 PM

I'm very happy to see this, thought I would have to sell my tuner as I had traded my abarth in for the 124. Very glad to see this, it was an excellent tune, put about 3200 K on with the tune and there was never a hiccup. Can't wait to add the map.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page