Navigation SD card for $225 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 20Likes

post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Navigation SD card for $225

As some of you know, I have been working with an EBAY vendor to offer a FIAT version of the SD Navigation card at a reasonable price. After a couple of false starts, the supplier has come up with a version that works! Be aware, the weather is horrible here, and I have not taken the car out of the garage for full testing, but I successfully installed it and got through many of the features. I am convinced it works, but obviously, I can't guarantee it. The link to his ebay listing is included in this note, but before I post it,the seller, a person I only know as narinjinnamkk0, has been honest and supportive in the quest to come up alternative solution to FIAT's offer. I can offer my full endorsement of his fairness in his dealings. Now here is the EBAY link to his posting This would make a great Christmas present for your spider.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/291975257771?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT[/url]
P.S. These are U.S. and Canada maps. Cheers!

Last edited by Stelvio; 12-18-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quick P.S. Got a chance to map one of my favorite destinations. I then ran a simulation. All looks good including gps registering even while the car is in my garage with the top up, speed limits, compass - all OK.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 05:02 PM

Thanks! I ordered one but when I confirmed the sale Ebay showed my old address!! Grrrr. I sent a cancel sale message and sent a note to the seller. Had this issue with eBay in the past. Change address and it changes back. Anyway, I'm looking forward to using it once I get eBay unscrewed.
post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRodemsky View Post
Thanks! I ordered one but when I confirmed the sale Ebay showed my old address!! Grrrr. I sent a cancel sale message and sent a note to the seller. Had this issue with eBay in the past. Change address and it changes back. Anyway, I'm looking forward to using it once I get eBay unscrewed.
I am sure you will be OK. I am confident the seller will take care of it.
DanRodemsky likes this.

Last edited by Stelvio; 12-18-2016 at 05:32 PM.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 06:04 PM

Ebay problem resolved! When it gets here, is there something I should do online? Also, how do you take the cover off the slot? Thanks!
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRodemsky View Post
Ebay problem resolved! When it gets here, is there something I should do online? Also, how do you take the cover off the slot? Thanks!
1. The cover is tight! If you have the white plastic tab sticking out, you are supposed to be able to pull on that to get the cover come off. I couldn't get it, so what is important to know is the cover is hinged at the bottom. Carefully pry the cover from the top with a blunt lever like a Popsicle stick. It will come out.
2. The safest way is leave the car off, insert the SD card into the slot until it clicks
3. Push the start button once without pushing in the clutch to put the car in auxiliary power.
4. Select Navigation on the menu after sign on.
5. Navigation will load in 30 to 90 seconds.
The gps will find satellites in 1 - 5 minutes and display your location.
Nothing needs to be done online until you log your first 63 miles when your card will be locked to your car's vin and you can get your first map upgrade.
I haven't done that yet since I am snow bound

Last edited by Stelvio; 12-19-2016 at 10:18 PM.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelvio View Post
Quick P.S. Got a chance to map one of my favorite destinations. I then ran a simulation. All looks good including gps registering even while the car is in my garage with the top up, speed limits, compass - all OK.
P.S.S. By selecting "avoid highways" and gravel roads in my route settings, while the Navigation system didn't find all of my secret fun roads that I have discovered on my motorcycle, it did choose many of them. When I tweaked the route profile to eliminate some of the routes I don't like, it came even closer to my ideal. Looking good.
ameridan likes this.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 06:47 PM

Instructions with pictures are on my blog and might help you out Dan, but Stelvio covered it pretty well and I borrowed some of his to add to my instructions.

- Dan

Last edited by ameridan; 12-20-2016 at 06:49 PM.
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
FYI. Successfully updated my new Navigation card on the FIAT Europe website. No need to wait until you get 63 miles under your belt to do the update. No issues.
ameridan likes this.

Last edited by Stelvio; 12-22-2016 at 07:27 PM.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelvio View Post
FYI. Successfully updated my new Navigation card on the FIAT Europe website. No need to wait until you get 63 miles under your belt to do the update. No issues.
One Disadvantage to update now, especially if your car is winterized, is that the 3 year free upgrade starts when you updated the sd card. While if you wait for spring, more likely they have a new update and on the 3rd year, you have a better chance to have a spring up date then fall/winter one.
ameridan likes this.

124 RED SPIDER MANUAL STICK ABARTH. DV + with V1, Euro-drive-lite- Dynamic + map.
My SCATOLETTA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page