What to love or hate about the 2017+ Fiat 124 Spider? - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 38Likes

post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Post What to love or hate about the 2017+ Fiat 124 Spider?

If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Fiat 124 Spider, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Love the looks, love the handling, love the power esp. with mods..exhaust,(soon to come) intake, EC clone, DV+....love the simple top operation...so far all is functioning as intended...2500miles...just wish there was a little more interior room...say 10 to 15%..
that would be the icing on the cake.

The seat belt buckle is a PITA to get to, hence purchased belt extenders...sun visors could be a little more functional, but that is where the hat comes in....considering the Price:Performance ratio this car is a hit in my book. I traded a 1998 C5 Corvette for this Classica, and haven't looked back one second. An absolute joy to drive fast or slow....gets the job done without undue drama....and I've had a few drama queens!!! Still have a couple in the garage, but Classica is the go to for a fun, enjoyable ride every time. You really have to do something extra stupid to wind up in the bushes or the fence.....don't ask, been there, done that....single car accidents a specialty.....love my Classica....
124SpiderAdmin, wedgewa and Godina like this.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:00 PM

Garage
The sun visors are useless. I haven't had any trouble with the seat belts.
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Stock Abarth seats lack lumbar support. Or, I'm just old with a cranky back!

The wind blocker is really a cheap POS. So I removed it. Now it doesn't bother me any more.

Otherwise, I love the look and handling. Most fun I've ever had driving a car!
124SpiderAdmin and ty1on73 like this.

Last edited by Stillrollin; 05-10-2017 at 04:06 PM.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post
The sun visors are useless. I haven't had any trouble with the seat belts.
Shark:

Re: seatbelt buckles, I'm guessing you are not as wide "in the beam" as yours truly. At 6'2" and 280 lbs buckling that belt is a chore...hence the extensions....getting in and out is not a pretty sight either, and with the top up...."fuhget about it"!!! Once I'm in, let the good times roll. Yeah Baby.....
124SpiderAdmin likes this.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:45 PM

Garage
I love the car and am really glad I made the purchase. It is my daily commuter, a blast to drive and gets 5 mpgs better than my Saab convertible. Plus there's that "time to get in trouble" button near the shifter that I get to use once I get on the back roads of my commute.

Improvements I would like to see in the car.

Memory driver seat - every time I get in after the wife drives I bang my knee on the steering wheel
Heated steering wheel - have it in another car and it is really nice when it is cold; I keep the top down as much as possible and I have to say my hands are the only body part that gets real cold
Cooled seats - have this in 2 other cars and like the heated steering wheel really nice when needed

2017 Grigio Argento Aluminum Abarth 6-speed with luxury collection
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 PM

The should hidden the USB connector, every time I leave the top open I have to remove my USB, they could of put in the middle compartment where it's hidden.

Abarth steering wheel badge off course, the rest I really enjoy the ride, looks, compliments and the turning heads, which bothers me due cannot concentrate in my driving. LOL
124SpiderAdmin and wedgewa like this.

124 RED SPIDER MANUAL STICK ABARTH. DV + with V1, Euro-drive-lite- Dynamic + map.
My SCATOLETTA
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefbadr View Post
Shark:

Re: seatbelt buckles, I'm guessing you are not as wide "in the beam" as yours truly. At 6'2" and 280 lbs buckling that belt is a chore...hence the extensions....getting in and out is not a pretty sight either, and with the top up...."fuhget about it"!!! Once I'm in, let the good times roll. Yeah Baby.....
LOL. Yah, I'm a short, scrawny dude.
124SpiderAdmin and hefbadr like this.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:14 PM
56S

Beginning to hate the radio. Just give me some knobs and buttons. Love the confort. What was purchased for our fair weather fun car is going on a two+ hour each way trip in the rain tomorrow because I hate driving that 2-Slice Toaster they call the Element when an Abarth is available.

2017 Rosso Abarth Brembos & Recaros, Spiderdome, Weathertechs, 3" Seatbelt extenders and Ameridan's Tweaks.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 PM

The whole Mazda infotainment user interface could use some help, which could all easily be fixed with Android Auto and Apple Car Play support. I find this more obvious as all the physical controls in the car are very simply laid out and highly intuitive to me. Anything that has to do with actual driving is where it should be.

I have problems with the Bluetooth being inconsistent at initial connection. Again, Android Auto would fix (hard wired interface)

The steering wheel needs reach adjustment to get that perfect seating position. I was able to work around it but it is there.

The Bluetooth speakers in the seats are great for calls. As are having heated seats. So is the seat bolstering. I have the Recaros, and I like everything about my seats. They hold me really well during aggressive cornering. As a reference, I am 6', 175lbs, 32" waist and 32" inseam. I tend to fit snug seats perfect.

I like everything else. It is easy to get in this car and go for a very long drive and not be worn out. It makes me smile every time I drive it.

I do want more aural feedback, but that is fixed with a simple muffler delete (ordered and on the way)

It feels criminal to not put the top down almost every time I drive as it is so dead simple to drop. That with the heated seats and what I think is great control of wind buffeting with the windows up means even driving on the highway with the top down on a chilly day isn't a problem.

I'm noticing I'm racking up the miles very quickly while neglecting my 'daily driver' which badly needs a wash. I really should go wash it.

Last edited by murix; 05-10-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page