Insurance rates - Fiat 124 Spider Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
56S

(Thread Starter)
Insurance rates

$210/6 months for the Abarth. $1K deductible, no glass, towing or rental. All other coverage limits are very high. Other cars on the policy are a 2011 Element for $267 & a 2010 Focus for $312. Through Nationwide. Not bad. I'm going to meet a broker this morning to see if I can do better. My homeowners is what kills me. It's gone up 300% in 10 years with no claims.

2017 Rosso Abarth Brembos & Recaros, Spiderdome, Weathertechs, 3" Seatbelt extenders and Ameridan's Tweaks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 AM

Garage
That's a good price, but I would probably add glass coverage. It's an expensive windshield, and not trivial to replace from what I've seen/heard. On the other hand, dealing with insurance gets ugly really quick. Insurance on the whole is mess of doo-doo.

124 Spider Abarth 2017, manual, tri-coat pearl white, luxury trim.
Stubby antenna, hood lift kit, heritage wrap, LED fog lights, Progress Technology springs and sway bars, led trunk strip light, V4 intake, LED rear turn signals.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
56S

(Thread Starter)
I'm thinking of adding it on the spider for that reason. Once they saw the cost they'd probably try to deny it. My Element got one last year. $219 at a certified glass shop. Cheaper than the places advertising on TV and they often use un certified glass.

2017 Rosso Abarth Brembos & Recaros, Spiderdome, Weathertechs, 3" Seatbelt extenders and Ameridan's Tweaks.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:28 AM

My ins. for 8 months is $360.. can. with $250. deductible. Covered in Canada and US. Replacement ins.(if scrapped within 5 years) was taken with dealer $2500. the TAG(satellite recuperation if stolen) was free good for 7 years.

124 RED SPIDER MANUAL STICK ABARTH. DV + with V1, Euro-drive-lite- Dynamic + map.
My SCATOLETTA

Last edited by frankmar; 06-16-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page