Abarth Grille Badge - Fiat 124 Spider Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Abarth Grille Badge

This particular badge came in Black, Silver, and Bronze. I thought that the Bronze tied in well with my Konig Hypergram Race Bronze wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abarth Grille Badge.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	22930  

Prior rides: '69 Fiat 124 Spider, '77 Lancia Scorpion, '79 928 Porsche, several Honda Preludes, '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe. '17 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth, AT, Rosso, Luxury Package, Heritage Wrap, Konig Hypergram Wheels (16.3 lbs.) in Race Bronze, Hood Lift Kit, Folding Sunshade, Cool Breeze Scoop, Red Dash Vent Bezels, Pinstriping, Stubby antenna, Vanity Plate (124 ZOOM).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:47 AM

Nice welcome to the front badge club. LOL that makes 2 of us. I noticed it's not centered, any reason. did this badge come with a clip, I had to add a bolt to mine so I can put it on the grill.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SCORPTION BBa.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	22946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170614_115457.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	22954  

124 RED SPIDER MANUAL STICK ABARTH. DV + with V1, Euro-drive-lite- Dynamic + map.
My SCATOLETTA

Last edited by frankmar; 06-18-2017 at 08:59 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 AM

I bought this chrome spider $2.xx and glued a bolt to it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170409_071350.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	22962   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_164003.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	22970  

124 RED SPIDER MANUAL STICK ABARTH. DV + with V1, Euro-drive-lite- Dynamic + map.
My SCATOLETTA
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmar View Post
Nice welcome to the front badge club. LOL that makes 2 of us. I noticed it's not centered, any reason. did this badge come with a clip, I had to add a bolt to mine so I can put it on the grill.
Not centered? The only reason is that when I was doing the install, the chosen location seemed to provide the best backing for the 3M adhesive. It is almost invisible, but I also used small fishing line to tie the badge to the grill. Hadn't thought of your bolt idea. Your badge is quite a bit larger. I did order a larger badge from China, but it never was delivered.

Prior rides: '69 Fiat 124 Spider, '77 Lancia Scorpion, '79 928 Porsche, several Honda Preludes, '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe. '17 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth, AT, Rosso, Luxury Package, Heritage Wrap, Konig Hypergram Wheels (16.3 lbs.) in Race Bronze, Hood Lift Kit, Folding Sunshade, Cool Breeze Scoop, Red Dash Vent Bezels, Pinstriping, Stubby antenna, Vanity Plate (124 ZOOM).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:27 PM

The badge is the same size 7 cm height, I used Lepage PL construction glue to hold the bolt(has a flat head), very strong. I let it dry 24 hours. Believe me it holds.

My SCATOLETTA
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Abarth Grille Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmar View Post
The badge is the same size 7 cm height, I used Lepage PL construction glue to hold the bolt(has a flat head), very strong. I let it dry 24 hours. Believe me it holds.
How were you ever to gain access to tighten the bolt from the back of the grille? My badge had no clips, just the 3M adhesive.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Kid View Post
How were you ever to gain access to tighten the bolt from the back of the grille? My badge had no clips, just the 3M adhesive.
Elementary my dearCA_kid

Look at the 2 pictures, Once I glued the bolt on the back of the badge,
I have one large oval washer, serves a back pressure on the grill
one regular round washer (when tightening the nut, it wort stress the oval washer.
and a nut. (to tighten)

Also put back the the 3M adhesive where ever you can on the badge.( to help you center it and holds.

You could easly put them all together in the above sequence ,the nut at the end. Slip it in the grill rectangular hole,
The Large oval washer will act as a back pressure on the back of the grill, Once you center your badge, tighten the nut by hand and then with a ratchet.

Note make sure the hole of your large oval washer is enlarged than the bolt so, you can move the washer so it hold on both sides (rectangular hole of the grill)

Oval washer, I could have used a longer one, but hey, that's all I had.

My SCATOLETTA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page