Fender Badge, Check your Build Sheets! - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 42Likes

post #1 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Fender Badge, Check your Build Sheets!

I had an interesting day with my Build Sheet and my FIAT dealer.

I got a copy of my Build Sheet from the Dodge website and as I was reading through it I found that our 2017 FIAT Spider Abarth came standard equipped with:

Fender Badge "Elaborazione"

Our car definitely does not have a fender badge so I called my dealer and inquired. Told my salesman about what I found on the build sheet and the situation. I emailed him a copy of my build sheet and he said he would look into it.

About 2 or 3 hours later he phoned me back saying that it was quite the afternoon of investigating but that my Build Sheet in fact had the fender badge, the one on the show room floor also had one on its build sheet, but they have never seen the badge before. Parts department found the badges and ordered them, but they only found a stock photo, so they are not 100% sure about what will arrive, but if it all looks good they will install them for me, no cost obviously. Picture's below to help you find your Build Sheet and a photo of what badge I expect to receive.

Here's where you guys come in. The salesman suspects that it is a corporation wide oversight because they have never seen these badges in the US other then on the show cars. So please go find your build sheet! And considering that it was under the header or "Standard Equipment" I suspect that all Abarth owners are missing and owed this fender badge.

Here is the link I used to get my build sheet: http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html
On the left had side you click on EQUIPMENT LISTING
Drop in your VIN and Poof! PDF of your build sheet.

Check them out and report on your findings and what your dealers are doing for you.

P.S. The build sheet will be about 5 pages and the fender badge was on the bottom of page 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DodgeSite.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	9450   Click image for larger version

Name:	DodgeVIN.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	9458   Click image for larger version

Name:	BuildSheet.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	9466   Click image for larger version

Name:	AbarthFender.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	9474  

-2naCan

follow me on twitter: @2nacandan
or: @TheBassMaestro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 06:48 PM

Garage
This badging was showing up on a few U.S. preview cars in early 2016, but at some point Fiat decided to not use the "Elaborazione" badging for North America. I own an early sales training manual where the salesman had crossed the word out with his pen throughout the Abarth section.

On the U.S. Fiat build site, the side fender badging is clearly omitted. If by chance they send you the EU badges, lucky you. They cost me nearly $100 last November.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-FIat-124-Elaborazione-Abarth-badge-03.jpg
Views:	1934
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	9482  

2017 124 Abarth. Previous: 2010 Corvette Grand Sport, 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring convertible, 1996 BMW 328IC convertible , 1995 Camaro V-6 coupe. Current garage mate for trips to Costco: 2009 Genesis sedan V-8.

Last edited by LongBeachJim; 01-31-2017 at 10:23 PM.
post #3 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 06:56 PM

Garage
It's on my build sheet too.
2nacandan, i assume we are talking about the Abarth logo over the side marker light on Euro cars?
Interestingly, also on the build list is 0.5 gallons of gas....wonder where that is???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Francesca.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	9490  
post #4 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:02 PM

Garage
My build sheet said it had 3 cup holders, although it only came with two.

John

2017 Fiat 124 Spider, Aluminum Lusso AT, CravenSpeed Stubby antenna, LED interior& trunk lights, V4 intake, GFB DV+, EC EDL (Race+), Burger Tuning catch can, WeatherTech floor and cargo mats, CoverKing cover (from GWR), Advanti DST Storm S1 17 (40 mm offset), Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Ruger LCP

1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, Medium Blue Metallic
post #5 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
It's on my build sheet too.
2nacandan, i assume we are talking about the Abarth logo over the side marker light on Euro cars?
Interestingly, also on the build list is 0.5 gallons of gas....wonder where that is???
I don't know what emblem to expect, but it's on its way. After seeing the photo posted by LongbeachJim that's probably what will come. And for the 0.5 gallons of gas, my dealer filled it with premium after we purchased.

-2naCan

post #6 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFernald View Post
My build sheet said it had 3 cup holders, although it only came with two.
Go get that 3rd cup holder! My build sheet says only 2 cup holders.

-2naCan

post #7 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:31 PM

Garage
I was thinking the Abarth Shield logo with the "stripes" through it was what we were talking about.
As usual, everyday reading LongbeachJim, is a school day for me....he is the master of the unexpected!
post #8 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachJim View Post
This badging was showing up on a few U.S. preview cars in early 2016, but at some point Fiat decided to not use the "Elaborazioni" badging for North America.

Do you, or anyone else, know the "Meaning" or "Pedigree" behind the name ELABORAZIONE? All I can find on it is the 595 Kit with the same name. Does that name even mean anything?

-2naCan

post #9 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 PM

Garage
My dear wife, who lived many years in Venice says the best English translation might be the word "edition" as in Abarth Edition of the 124.
Now this woman was riding with me in downtown ATL going under a bridge, and we heard the wail of a car coming behind. She said without turning...Ferrari. She was right, impressed me, so I will go with her translation of elaborazione.
racergary and Stevetse like this.
post #10 of 166 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
My dear wife, who lived many years in Venice says the best English translation might be the word "edition" as in Abarth Edition of the 124.
Now this woman was riding with me in downtown ATL going under a bridge, and we heard the wail of a car coming behind. She said without turning...Ferrari. She was right, impressed me, so I will go with her translation of elaborazione.
That seems like a very informed and trusted source. Thanks!

-2naCan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page