Car cover - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 29Likes

post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Car cover

Does anyone use the 124 outdoor car cover from Mopar? Lists for $127, which is a pretty good deal, imo. Says it's water resistant, etc. What's been your experience?
Butterpants likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124Fan View Post
Does anyone use the 124 outdoor car cover from Mopar? Lists for $127, which is a pretty good deal, imo. Says it's water resistant, etc. What's been your experience?
Yes, I have it in grey. Seems to work fine. I have a carport, though, so it hasn't really been exposed to much direct weather but it does cover the entire car almost all the way down to the ground. It comes with a carrying bag if you want to keep it in the trunk. It does not have an inner liner as I had originally expected so I'm careful how I roll it out when installing.
NYProf and Butterpants like this.

kpoling

Spider Lusso - Bronzo Magnetico - Titanium -
GFB DV+ - the EC V1 (in red) - AutoRicambi muffler delete (with resonators) -
Windrestrictor - custom striping - Motegi Racing wheels - Entertainment System Tweaks - subwoofer
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 PM

The inner liner thing would bother me.. would need something really soft and cushiony in there
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a cover from Covercraft based on looking over a friend's, and his experience with it. Lightweight, breathable, soft liner. Cost is 2x + , but I already canceled a previous order from another company, and the Covercraft will do. Plus the Mopar looks like it might b a little bit of a pita to put on, given how close the cut is in the site pic. Order will get here in about 3 weeks.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124Fan View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I ordered a cover from Covercraft based on looking over a friend's, and his experience with it. Lightweight, breathable, soft liner. Cost is 2x + , but I already canceled a previous order from another company, and the Covercraft will do. Plus the Mopar looks like it might b a little bit of a pita to put on, given how close the cut is in the site pic. Order will get here in about 3 weeks.
Where did you get your Covercraft cover? I have been monitoring their site for 8 months and have not seen one for the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider. I'm looking for the Weathershield HP. I just checked again after reading your post, with still no luck.

John

2017 Fiat 124 Spider, Aluminum Lusso AT, CravenSpeed Stubby antenna, LED interior& trunk lights, V4 intake, GFB DV+, EC EDL (Race+), Burger Tuning catch can, WeatherTech floor and cargo mats, CoverKing cover (from GWR), Advanti DST Storm S1 17 (40 mm offset), Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Ruger LCP

1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, Medium Blue Metallic
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 PM

Garage
Mopar cover went on very easily. Fits the car perfectly and covers the wheels completely.
NYProf likes this.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider Rosso

Last edited by Prosecco; 04-20-2017 at 09:13 PM.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM

Costco has a coverking cover for under $200.. Unsure if this is a good one or not..
https://www.costco.com/Coverking-Xtr....11066321.html

I keep my car in the garage, however I did buy a cover for a small car at costco for about $30. I use it when it will sit for more than a week.
http://www.costcoweekender.com/2015/...co-923576.html
shows up periodically. Got it sometime in September I seem to think.
Fits pretty well actually. I just take off the antenna and thats it.. nice and snug.

I looked on the covercraft website, and didnt see any custom covers for the 2017 Fiat 124 spider..

Last edited by canesice; 04-20-2017 at 04:27 PM.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM

Ive been using this since the day I got my car, works great.

https://www.carcoverplanet.com/2017-...car-cover.html
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I ordered my Covercraft Weathershield hp for my 124 by calling the 800 number on their website. When you call, a recording will tell you to enter your order #. Ignore it. A rep will come on the line in a few moments.

The part # for the 2017 Fiat 124 Weathershield HP cover is C17991PG. It's not listed anywhere on their website, and it won't come up on a search. The rep gave it to me the first time I called for info. Anyway, that's the # you want to give the rep when u call.

I was told the time between the order and delivery would be 3 weeks: 2 weeks to manufacture it in their factory, 1 week for delivery.

Here's my order. It includes 1 set of 2 gust straps, and the smaller tote bag for cover and straps. No sales tax since I live in NJ, and this is coming from OK.

Line PartId Qty Price
==== ====== === =====
1 C17991PG 1 293.00
WeatherShield HP (Gray & Taupe)
2 ZGGARD 1 15.00
Gust Guard
3 ZTOTE2BK 1 26.00
Zippered Tote Bag - Small Black

SubTotal 334.00
Shipping and Handling - Added at shipment time
Total 334.00

Hope all this makes sense. Ordering is actually straightforward once you have the info. Any questions let me know. You can always pm me.
JFernald and Butterpants like this.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 PM

Garage
I've been using the Coverguard one from Good Win Racing every day. With how often it gets used, I imagine I'll end up stretching the elastic sooner than later, but it works wonderfully

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda.../30-1103F.html

'17 A124 6M. '93 NA 5-speed 10+ years daily'd. '93 SC300: 2JZ-GTE 60mm turbo; '95 318i: caged, getting Lexus V8 turbo; '88 Supra turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page