Abarth 124 Auto new and used market in UK. - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Abarth 124 Auto new and used market in UK.

Hi All,
My first post on a forum but I read it before.

I was tempted to lease Abarth 124 in promotion in 2nd quarter of 2018. I thought about it too long, was a bit hesitant about exhaust noise, and missed the boat. Since then, I'm checking on lease offers and Autotrader.

Until recently there was fairly small choice of used and almost new cars on Autotrader. However at the end of the year Arnold Clark flooded the market with around 30 auto cars, all pre-registered with delivery miles. Then, a few days ago, I noticed that Mangoletsi are offering brand new cars with Bose and metallic paint from £22K.

I don't care about Bose, but it seems that most cars in stock come with this option as standard. I would prefer to get visibility pack as I drive at night and don't want to go back to halogens after excellent headlights on my daily driver.

My question is: are these cars not selling (or auto version) at all and dealers are forced to discount heavily to get rid of stock or is there some new update coming? Anyone has insight into the situation?

I noticed that 2 years old cars are now at 17K, so it's about 5-6K depreciation from discounted price, 7K assuming trade in price. So I would prefer to lease rather than buy as lease is around 6K for two years.

I tried to check number of registered cars on howmanyleft but it wasn't showing me this model. Maybe I used wrong key word?

Last edited by OdetaSwann; 02-03-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:50 AM

You’re worried about the Abarth being too loud? Get the Classica or Lusso then.

Worried about visibilty? Just put in LED bulbs on headlights and fog lamps.

Gogogo!

Mods: Turbo Blanket, GFB DV+, Paddle Shifter Extensions, Tork Tune Stage 1.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDreamCar View Post
You’re worried about the Abarth being too loud? Get the Classica or Lusso then.
The OP is in the UK - the model line up is very different. Abarth is sold as a different brand and the Fiat versions have a lower powered version of the 1.4. Also, the Fiat versions recently got pulled from sale.
CDPond and jetlag like this.

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Garage
I brought my Abarth from Mangoletsi 6 months ago - no regrets , it didn't have the visibility pack but for about £40 replaced all the bulbs to LEDs .
Here's a strange fact the 124 is the only car I know of that has the tail lights and registration plate lights on with the DRL's ! So I leave the lights on the dipped setting that way when you switch off the alarm all the lights switch on - which is a nice feature in the winter nights .
The Monza exhaust is a pleasure to hear to the point I hardly ever listen to the radio or use the media functions , and even though I've owned some great looking cars over the years this one is a real head turner that plus 35- 40 mpg around town what's not to like !?
Fireblade908 and OdetaSwann like this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:48 PM

I get 10mpg around the town...lol.

But I think you can still tune those engines @68wooley

Abarth is an Abarth especially in the UK. It sounds brash. You either love it or hate it.
motojo likes this.

Mods: Turbo Blanket, GFB DV+, Paddle Shifter Extensions, Tork Tune Stage 1.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Not everyone is willing to do that for many reasons, killing the warranty not least of which (and the UK has no equivalent of Magnuson–Moss). Also, the OP mentioned he was looking at leases - your lease company would not be pleased with you adding an aftermarket tune.
CDPond likes this.

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Initially, I thought that exhaust will be too loud in our small close when I start the car and noise will echo from garage door. That's why I missed the boat on cheap lease in June. But I think, I'm past that.

I'm not interested in Fiat 124, only Abarth.

So what is happening with prices and why there's a glut of new and pre-registered cars?

Last edited by OdetaSwann; 02-03-2019 at 02:35 PM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 04:05 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jetlag Send a message via MSN to jetlag Send a message via Yahoo to jetlag
Quote:
I get 10mpg around the town...lol.

Abarth is an Abarth especially in the UK. It sounds brash. You either love it or hate it.

10 MPG? You either have a leak or are driving it in first gear.

2018 Abarth, MT, Euro Compulsion Inter-Cooler, Euro Compulsion V4 intake, Catch Can, GFB DV+, Euro Compulsion Phase I, II, PTP Turbo Blanket, Cusco Front brace bar, Record Monza Exhaust, soundproofing tiles
2015 Dodge Ram Laramie Eco Diesel
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I ordered one of the stock cars from Mangoletsi. It should be at dealership within a week, it must be registered by end of March. Looks like stock cars are disappearing fast and new cars are not coming any time soon. I was told that car is not in production at the moment.

Went for white without heritage pack, with red corsa pack and red seats. Bose is on all stock cars, so no choice here and only some had visibility pack. Halogen lights will be biggest shock but I already read about changing bulbs. I probably prefer the look of the car with heritage pack but I'm pretty sure it would be stone chipped immediately, so decided on standard paint. I ordered some accessories from Ebay: satnav SD card, storage sleeve, etc. I'm ready for pick up, which will be public transport adventure. Just waiting for date from dealership.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
10 MPG? You either have a leak or are driving it in first gear.
It's increased drag from his flapping door sticker. :-)
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10166197

MOPAR Dead Pedal, Red Vent Bezels, Plexy Windscreen
European Abarth Badging and Engine Cover
EuroCompulsion Intercooler ; V4 Intake System; Catch Can, Phase I & II Tune
Cravenspeed Shift Knob,;Stubby Antenna; Tach Pod Mount, Door Bushings
PTP Turbo Blanket ; Forge BOP; GFB DV+ ; Defi Tach; Hood Lift Kit
Switch Controlled Rear LED Fog Lights

Last edited by CDPond; 03-25-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page