Somerset, North Devon Run - Fiat 124 Spider Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Somerset, North Devon Run

This is already posted in another thread so just a reminder. Also on Spider Facebook group. 13 already going. All welcome.

Meet. 10am Saturday 18th May 2019. Old Well Garden Centre, Uffculme, Cullompton, Devon.

Start. 10.30am

M5 Junction 27 (Petrol available at services) Signpost; Wellington A38. 500 yards to Old Well Garden Centre. EX15 3ES (Please use overflow car park).
Turn left out of Garden Centre then second exit on roundabout back towards M5.
2nd exit off motorway roundabout onto the North Devon Link Road, and follow for 7 miles.
At roundabout take 3rd exit onto A396 signposted Bampton.
Follow for approx. 5.2 miles, turn left at the Exeter Inn staying on the A396 signposted Minehead.
After approx. 1.5 miles turn right at Black Cat Garage, staying on A396, then immediately cross the B3227 to stay on the A396 (awkward double junction!)
Follow A396 for approx. 19.8 miles to Dunster. (Through Dunster with caution, bollards, boulders, fence posts, and pedestrians to negotiate!)
At 'T' junction turn right onto A39 signposted Bridgwater and Taunton.
After approx 1.4 miles in Carhampton, turn left onto B3191 signposted to Blue Anchor.
This section should have taken approx. 1 hour. We will stop here for comfort break and refreshments. (Toilets and cafe facilities)
Retrace road back to A39 and turn right at 'T' junction signposted Minehead. (Traffic here may mean the group gets split, so to regroup we will meet at Minehead Premier Inn car park).
Follow A39 to roundabout. Take 3rd exit, signposted; Sea Front, Butlins. Premier Inn is approx. 0.5 miles on the left.
Once regrouped, return to roundabout and take the 3rd exit, back onto the A39 signposted Porlock, Lynmouth.
Follow this road for approx. 6.7 miles into Porlock.(Care through Porlock as road narrows in places).
Staying on A39 follow road up Porlock Hill and onto Exmoor. (Porlock Hill is the steepest 'A' road in the UK). (Look out for AA Sentry box number 137. One of only 19 left in the country).
After approx. 6.7 miles turn left into County Gate car park where we will have another short break. (Toilets).
Left out of car park following A39 into Lynmouth.
In Lynmouth at the bottom of Coutisbury Hill, follow the road round to the right and continue up Lynmouth Hill for approx. 1.8 miles to Barbrook.
At 'T' junction turn left onto A39 signposted Lynmouth, Porlock, Simonsbath. Follow A39 up Shamble Way.
After approx. 2.3 miles turn right on bend, onto B3223 signposted Simonsbath. (We will stop on the moor for photo opportunity)
Continue onto B3224 through Exford, left over bridge and after approx 2.3 miles turn right onto A396 signposted Dulverton and Winsford.
Follow road for approx. 5.1 miles, turn right onto A396.
Follow road for approx. 9.0 miles.
Turn right at the Toll House in Exebridge, signposted Brushford and Dulverton. To finish at...
Anchor Inn car park is 300metres on left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (11)_LI.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	759.4 KB
ID:	69470  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:26 PM

I can't go
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:55 AM

Sorry going to miss this!

Hi All

Unfortunately we're going to miss this - in Italy to watch the start and finish of the Mille Miglia, and catch some Spring Sunshine too.
We'll be in a Hire Drive 500L while you will all be getting foreheads burned with the UK sunshine.

Not been on Forum for a while, but glad to see some Members are sticking with it - will miss Peggy and the strange people in white at the Snake Pass last year!!

G & Y
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:10 AM

Hi all,

We are a definite and have booked into Chestnut House Guest House in Tiverton on Fri/Sat night. Really enjoyed last years run in Buxton and the Peak District. Looking forward to meeting up again.

Cheers, Tim and Mary

Italia Blue Lusso with custom exhaust
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:04 AM

Garage
Hey Tim, I remember you from last year, we'll have to compare exhausts again! I'm staying in Tiverton also on Friday night, at the Bridge Guest House which is close to the centre. Maybe we can meet up Friday night? @Kay-Rich-and-Peggy are not far away either, how about you Lee (@NERO-RAGNO) are you in town Friday night?

Driving FIATs since 1978
1985 Pininfarina SpiderEuropa & 1996 Fiat Coupe 20v turbo & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2̶0̶1̶6̶ ̶F̶i̶a̶t̶ ̶1̶2̶4̶ ̶S̶p̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶A̶n̶n̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶U̶K̶ ̶#̶6̶2̶ 2017 Italia Blue Lusso Plus
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:53 AM

Hello, unfortunately a set of circumstances has occurred so we cannot make the drive next weekend - have fun!

Lusso Plus with one Cavapoo (Peggy)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:48 AM

I've managed to get some free time so will definitely make it for the Devon run. First group trip for me in the Lusso...... although I did a few meets in the dark days of MX5 ownership !
I don't have access/can't find the Facebook page so can we keep updates on this page as well, thanks.
Looking forward to nice drive. Just me this time, but wife has promised to accompany me to Belgium GP in August (if I pay ? !!!).
Arthur

ARTHUR
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool

Hi All.
Great to see more of you have signed up. Looking forward to meeting you all. Directions are as previous post. Meet at The Old Well Garden Centre. EX15 3ES at 10.am for a 10.30 start. I will distribute a printed copy of instructions on the day.

Charlie and Caron.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page