Gear shift knob - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 17Likes

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Gear shift knob

Discovered awesome gear shift knob options my question; Are all sizes, of treading, universal if not what
size fits on our 124 spiders?
Thanks in advance for response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:02 PM

The thread pitch is M10x1.25mm. Look forward to seeing what you pick. I've been eyeballing some shift knobs but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 PM

I'm thinking of getting the ND knob as I prefer the shape.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:17 PM

Garage
I really like the CravenSpeed knobs and they have multiple color inserts to match any color scheme.. Just round and heavy. Did not like the rectangle stock one at all.

2018 Abarth 6-Speed|EC Phase 3/Stuffed 1446 Turbo/V4 Intake/FMIC/Oil Catch Can|EclipTech ShiftP2|Brisk Silver Plugs|Alfa 4C Coils|SnowBoost Stage3 w/Vaitrix Controller|Full GWR Roadster Sport Exhaust w/Sport Cat|Forge BOA Blue WGA Green|PTP Turbo Blanket|Vaitrix 45PSI Boost|GlowShift Dual IAT|Cravenspeed Vent Pods/Red Shift Knob||Konig Dekagram 17x8 45mm|Michelin PSS 235/45R17/MT ET Street R 245/45R17 Record [email protected]
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:11 PM

Garage
I purchased the Cravenspeed knob via Eurocompulsion. Then I got two custom caps from Cravenspeed, but they no long laser any logos on them, so I got them to burn the basic shift pattern in, then paid a local shop in Calgary to finalize the caps with the Abarth scorpion. I got one red cap (installed), and a black (in case I get tired of the red). The bonus is that after they laser the powdercoat off the metal cap, the space that was burned looks almost gold in colour. You can go with a basic install, in which you just screw off the stock knob and screw on the replacement; and then add the custom cap with an allan wrench and six small bolts. Or, if you want a more refined look, you need to pry up the surround trim with a trim tool, peel off the plastic ring that secures the tip of the leather boot, and then secure the boot to the base of the Cravenspeed stock using an o-ring. Total install time might have been 15 minutes. If I can do it, it has to be easy. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cravenspeed Custom Knob - front oblique view.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	63898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cravenspeed Custom Knob - top view.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	63900  
Phillip33 and Chainringtattoo like this.

MOPAR Dead Pedal, Red Vent Bezels, Plexy Windscreen
European Abarth Badging and Engine Cover
EuroCompulsion Intercooler ; V4 Intake System; Catch Can, Phase I & II Tune
Cravenspeed Shift Knob,;Stubby Antenna; Tach Pod Mount, Door Bushings
PTP Turbo Blanket ; Forge BOP; GFB DV+ ; Defi Tach; Hood Lift Kit
Switch Controlled Rear LED Fog Lights

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:15 AM

I've been really impressed with the quality of machining Raceseng puts into their shift knobs. I bought a Rondure not long after I got the car, and then of course the Circuit series came out a few weeks later... Since then I started using the Circuit Cylinder 100, and I'm looking at getting the Circuit Sphere 150 to give me the total range of interchangeability of their Circuit series.

https://www.raceseng.com/products/sh...iat/124-spider
Bulldog66 and Phillip33 like this.

- Jonathan

2017 Abarth - Russo with heritage stripe - Recaros - Brembos - Bose Package
Mods: Cat-back un-resonated GWR exhaust - EC v4 intake - EC Intercooler - EC Catch Can - GFB DV+ - Raceseng Circuit Cylinder shift knob - Stubby Antenna - Blackbird Fabworx roll bar - EC Phase 2 tune - 4C coil packs - Brisk spark plugs - Vaitrix boost gauge
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Good stuff Bros check out the Momo knobs too
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:28 AM

Garage
I have the Raceseng Slammer in my mini and it is awesome.
The quality is definitely there.
@depotdan has the Ashiko in his spider and the Slammer in his mini.
jopo likes this.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 04:49 PM

I've gone thru 3 different shift knobs so far, currently have the stock one back on, guess it depends on my mood and level of OCD, lol...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shift knobs_20181018b.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	63920  
jopo and Mike34 like this.

Robert / Newport News, VA
2018 white Spider Abarth, 6-sp, Comfort/Convenience, Navigation/Sound, Visibility, Brembos, Recaros, cross-drilled rotors, s/s brake lines, custom axle-back exhaust, GFB DV+, 17x7.5s with 235/40s, tri-color STB and tail light inserts, Italian flag stripes for the hood/trunk, TS BOV adapter, black suede shifter/e-brake boots with red stitching, EC catch can, MaxFlow intake kit, Madness GoPedal / ECM / coil packs, yellow LED fogs
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDPond View Post
I purchased the Cravenspeed knob via Eurocompulsion. Then I got two custom caps from Cravenspeed, but they no long laser any logos on them, so I got them to burn the basic shift pattern in, then paid a local shop in Calgary to finalize the caps with the Abarth scorpion. I got one red cap (installed), and a black (in case I get tired of the red). The bonus is that after they laser the powdercoat off the metal cap, the space that was burned looks almost gold in colour. You can go with a basic install, in which you just screw off the stock knob and screw on the replacement; and then add the custom cap with an allan wrench and six small bolts. Or, if you want a more refined look, you need to pry up the surround trim with a trim tool, peel off the plastic ring that secures the tip of the leather boot, and then secure the boot to the base of the Cravenspeed stock using an o-ring. Total install time might have been 15 minutes. If I can do it, it has to be easy. lol

As my daughter would say when she was little, I like that a whole big bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 124 Abarth 6MT Rosso Red | Recaros | Bose | EC Phase 2 | EC Intercooler | EC V4 Intake | hlins FPSpc coilovers | Karcepts F/R sway bars|GWR Roadster Sport exhaust with GWR Sportcat | Wilwood front and rear brakes | Forge Recirculating BOV | Forge Waste Gate Actuator | Enkei TS-10 17x8 | Dunlop Direzza ZIII 235/40R17 | McGard Spline Drive Lugs | PTP Lava Turbo Blanket | Vaitrix Boost Gauge | Raceseng shift knob | Madness GoPedal Plus | Cobalt Hood Lifts |My build thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page