XR's 124 Spider Audio Thread - Page 2 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 148Likes

post #11 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a quick article I put together on tapping into the speaker wires at the TAU

http://www.billavista.com/spider/Art...ping_Into_TAU/
sharkcohen likes this.

2017 Abarth AT, Red on Black, Brembo brakes, Recaro seats.
http://www.billavista.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Excellent work, Bill. This will be included in my final thread once the system is finished.
sharkcohen and BillaVista like this.
post #13 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Article updated to include pdf files for Bose and non-7" display systems too.
sharkcohen likes this.

2017 Abarth AT, Red on Black, Brembo brakes, Recaro seats.
http://www.billavista.com/
post #14 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Hey Guys, just did some investigation of space in the car and, as XRev pointed out, there's not much. Not sure what size the components will be, so I'm just pointing out some nooks and crannies of space. There's a fair amount of space in the rear quarters in the area above the side marker lights. That's about it for the trunk area. The center (rear) console and cubbies behind the seats take up all the area behind the seats up to the "rectangle". Still trying to figure out if there's anything under the "rectangle" that the roof sits on when it's down. If nothing else, here's what the trunk looks like for anyone who hasn't gone exploring yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat Pa quarter.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	51018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat Pa side.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	51026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat Dr quarter.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	51034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat rectangle.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	51042  
XtremeRevolution likes this.

Last edited by Dualkatz; 03-18-2018 at 05:52 PM.
post #15 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 05:53 PM

Missed one pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fiat Dr side.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	51050  
post #16 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 PM

Also found this pic which appears to show that the deck behind the seats is pretty much flat into the trunk area, so maybe there is a hollow under the "rectangle" that the retracted roof sits on/above. Unless there is something mounted here, it may be some valuable space that could be utilized.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	body6.png
Views:	162
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	51090  
post #17 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualkatz View Post
Also found this pic which appears to show that the deck behind the seats is pretty much flat into the trunk area, so maybe there is a hollow under the "rectangle" that the retracted roof sits on/above. Unless there is something mounted here, it may be some valuable space that could be utilized.
The area under the top, when it's down, is utilized by the two cubby holes and the center console. I don't mind re-purposing the cubby holes but the center console is valuable space I'm not going to mess with. Keep in mind that any amplifiers we put back there will need at least *some* ventilation.

I'll do some more digging tomorrow.

If I can't find a place to fit an amplifier, I might just compromise the trunk for a *thin* but long amplifier. That wouldn't be too much of a loss, but I won't be dropping in a sub box.
post #18 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
The area under the top, when it's down, is utilized by the two cubby holes and the center console. I don't mind re-purposing the cubby holes but the center console is valuable space I'm not going to mess with. Keep in mind that any amplifiers we put back there will need at least *some* ventilation.
Just wanted to point out the "rectangle" again. You can see the backs of the cubbies (felt) and center console (hard plastic with a bumper on top so I think the roof actually rests on this when down) and then there's the molded "rectangle" behind these. You can feel it if you put your hand right to the back of the cubbies. If there is a void under the "rectangle", this would be some serious space (at least for this car). Just looking to see if a total "stealth" installation is possible.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fiat rectangle.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	51282  
post #19 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualkatz View Post
Just wanted to point out the "rectangle" again. You can see the backs of the cubbies (felt) and center console (hard plastic with a bumper on top so I think the roof actually rests on this when down) and then there's the molded "rectangle" behind these. You can feel it if you put your hand right to the back of the cubbies. If there is a void under the "rectangle", this would be some serious space (at least for this car). Just looking to see if a total "stealth" installation is possible.
I checked that out and it feels solid underneath. I pulled the panels out of the trunk and the space there is pretty limited. I might end up sacrificing some space at the bottom of the trunk in the sunk in area for an amp, but the sacrifice will be minimal for the gain.

The cubbies will be good for something like a DSP or other signal processor.

In other news, I am going to fit a sub in this car, and it won't take up any extra space. I don't want to spoil the surprise yet but it's going to be absolutely incredible.
jpwfz6 and Dualkatz like this.
post #20 of 192 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

(Thread Starter)
Oh and side note, if anyone wants to cut down on some road noise, the bottom "pan" area of the trunk resonates LIKE CRAZY. I'll take a video soon so you can see and hear what I'm talking about. I'm actually really baffled that FIAT didn't do any sound deadening there. That's a huge miss.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page