Wireless Android Auto? - Page 2 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Hmm. Interesting. I might have problems I am just not noticing. The bulk of my use is Waze and Googly Play music. Occasionally I use Google Maps for longer trips because it has better offline mode.

I don't use the radio at all or anything else. I pretty much use voice Google voice commands for everything and I never leave the AA interface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 01:56 PM

Hard to tell you apart from the white car profile pictures

You guys are blowing my mind with this Android stuff. I haven't been keeping up but I run Ameridan's setup (off his blog). Is it safe fro me to download that latest AIO and enable the android auto ? Or are there steps I'm missing.

I already did the backup and restore feature off Ameridan's blog as well?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 06:19 PM

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I am running Ameridan's setup including the Wi-Fi backdoor in case of a dealer flash. I then installed the latest update to AA (v1.10) from this link - https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/

The direct download is here. http://aa.mazdatweaks.win/

AA has it's own self installer so need to run any other packages. I update to whatever the latest stable version is when it is released. Early versions were buggy, but I think it is pretty solid now.

Last edited by murix; 12-11-2018 at 06:22 PM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murix View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I did. I am running Ameridan's setup including the Wi-Fi backdoor in case of a dealer flash. I then installed the latest update to AA (v1.10) from this link - https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/

The direct download is here. http://aa.mazdatweaks.win/

AA has it's own self installer so need to run any other packages. I update to whatever the latest stable version is when it is released. Early versions were buggy, but I think it is pretty solid now.
Agree.
To be clear (as I started the thread with a kinda misleading title), currently there is no way to run Android Auto smoothly BY WIFI with previous versions of Android OS, and it's not compatible at all with the latest release (Android 9).
BUT, it does work well BY USB connection. It is advisable to:
1) use a good quality cable
2) pop out the Nav SD card
3) always respect the boot/sync/connect sequence
4) use the fav button to regain audio after shifting from AA to Mazda system, if needed.
The voice commands work very well, finally. Google Maps is reliable and uses real time traffic data. I can listen to music (Spotify, Apple, Google, radio, podcasts), make phone calls, send messages by WhatsApp.
murix likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:06 AM

That's fantastic thank you both!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Update for those using Waze in AA, about the issue causing music to fade up and down over and over. The bug has been already reported to Waze developers and they are already working on it.
Meanwhile, I found this interesting post on AA forum:

"The bug is a perpetual overlay Waze notification of distance remaining and upcoming turn on your phone despite running AA. You'll see it if you swipe to unlock the phone. It is the same notification you will see on AA away from Waze screen or as card on AA home screen. This is likely causing the audio to attenuate on/off.

For now, press and hold on the notification to bring up the notification details, toggle Waze Android Auto Notification off and back on. This rids the overlay notification on the phone without disabling Waze notification on AA. You will only have to do this once. This can also be accessed from phone settings>Apps>Waze>Notification>Waze Android Auto Notification> toggle off and back on."
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 11:29 PM

Is there a way to get waze into night mode?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page