Wireless Android Auto? - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wireless Android Auto?

Anybody tried MZD-AIO-TI v2.8.3 with Android Auto Wireless Support (v1.09+)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 03:08 PM

I have the update but I haven't taken the time to test out the wireless support.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for reply @murix

Have you got the feeling it has reached a quite stable version? I mean with USB connection too. Lots of complaints in the past about sound not working, conflicts with Waze, Bluetooth incoming calls not received.. What's your overall experience?Thank you

Paolo
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:38 PM

The best way I can describe my android auto experience is I forget it is a hack. Android Auto works every time I start up and I haven become accustomed to it being the default interface. I haven't had any problem as of late. Early on I did have some glitches but in the latest builds I find it is quite stable. I even can charge my phone using the USB port while running. It is slow but it does charge.
Paolo likes this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
Thanks for reply @murix

Have you got the feeling it has reached a quite stable version? I mean with USB connection too. Lots of complaints in the past about sound not working, conflicts with Waze, Bluetooth incoming calls not received.. What's your overall experience?Thank you

Paolo
The only real glitch I have now is that when using Google Maps, the navigation will drive "backwards," while Waze will work fine.

2017 Fiat 124 Abarth: Grigrio Argento Aluminum, 6MT, Luxury Package, Recaros
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynk26 View Post
The only real glitch I have now is that when using Google Maps, the navigation will drive "backwards," while Waze will work fine.
I guess your issue is fixed by removing the built-in Nav card, as stated here https://github.com/gartnera/headunit/issues/110

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 12:15 PM

Interesting. I did remove my NAV SD card and have no problems, but I didn't correlate the two. Mainly because I didn't think about it.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
@murix , do you have a particular pattern for connecting/disconnecting AA at start/end of the trip or any tricks you may suggest?
In my case, waiting the system to boot completely (including audio/phone BT connection and import of all contacts) looks necessary but not sufficient for AA to work as expected. Sometimes I still have unpredictable troubles, e.g. Google Maps suddenly running backwards after receiving a new destination, or Waze losing voice, with Spotify music wavering high and low..
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:09 PM

I start the car and let it boot up and then plug in my phone. I set AA to boot automatically once the Bluetooth connection is made and I set the 124 as a trusted connection.

Keep in mind I suspect a big part of my success is that I am using an Essential Phone which is pure stock android with no other funny software layered on top. It is also on the latest Android 9. Everything seems to work better on this phone.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I'm using Android 9 too, on a Pixel 3 phone, assuming Google should be a good place for Android as well..
Yet I'm not quite sure about the importance of phone type, at least not on every issue, as even Trezdog44, the tweak developer, still has issues with Waze https://github.com/Trevelopment/MZD-...ment-445586369

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page