Outside temperature sensor and gauge is very slow - Page 2 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 PM

My 2017 was doing roughly the same. 90 degrees outside on the way home from work. Low 70's after the sun went down. 2-3 hours after being parked it would still show 90. I called the dealership and they said they had a computer update that should fix it. It did get better, it is now as you describe in the OP. It takes maybe 15 minutes to be accurate. This was last winter. I should call the service department and see if there is a better fix since last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I am starting to get a feeling that there is a nasty side effect of the delay: It feels like the cabin heating is using this very slow thermometer for optimizing the heating of interior. Cockpit is getting colder when the outside thermostat is in a slow mood and waits 20min to update from garage 19C (66F) to actual outside -10C (14F). In this case I do need to fiddle with the cockpit temp setting. On the other days, when the external thermostat notices the temp change from garage to outside in a matter of minutes (it does that, too! Maybe in 5 min or so) the cockpit temp stays nice and cozy.

Does anyone know details of the possible link between of the cockpit heating and the external thermostat? Am I imagining stuff? The complaint about need to fiddle with the heat setting is really a first world problem but I would not expect this kinda stuff in a recent model car...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page