Sat Nav update - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Unread 03-18-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sat Nav update

I have tried (unsuccessfully!) to update the sd card from the sat nav system. Initially the card was live, but wouldn't progress to the download stage, but since a windows update , the toolbox has been blocked by "the user account control" on my windows 10 computer. I have had assistance from customer service in Milan ongoing for 5 weeks , and also from Fiat service in my local Garage (Leicester UK). Local garage cannot update the card for me because of data protection (really?). I have access another computer and the blocked app issue is the same. Any help/advice appreciate. (My IT skills are limited)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Unread 03-18-2019, 08:47 AM

Hi. Your garage in Leicester in incorrect.
Fiat's own website states that if you do not have access to a computer then your dealer will do the update for you, free of charge for the first 3 years. This is the same as Mazda's customer service .

However, neither Fiat or Mazda garages in the UK are aware of this...... trust me, having owned both the Mazda ND and now a Fiat 124 I have had to bring this to their attention !!! See the notes at the bottom of this link.
http://www.124spiderinfotainment.com...n-updatemymaps

ARTHUR
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Unread 03-18-2019, 07:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have tried (unsuccessfully!) to update the sd card from the sat nav system. Initially the card was live, but wouldn't progress to the download stage, but since a windows update , the toolbox has been blocked by "the user account control" on my windows 10 computer. I have had assistance from customer service in Milan ongoing for 5 weeks , and also from Fiat service in my local Garage (Leicester UK). Local garage cannot update the card for me because of data protection (really?). I have access another computer and the blocked app issue is the same. Any help/advice appreciate. (My IT skills are limited)
Here's how to disable that restriction in Windows 10. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-e...mpt-windows-10

That should allow you to then update your card. When you're finished the nav card update, I'd recommend re-applying the UAC on your desktop, as it is a security feature.

MOPAR Dead Pedal, Red Vent Bezels, Plexy Windscreen
European Abarth Badging and Engine Cover
EuroCompulsion Intercooler ; V4 Intake System; Catch Can, Phase I & II Tune
Cravenspeed Shift Knob,;Stubby Antenna; Tach Pod Mount, Door Bushings
PTP Turbo Blanket ; Forge BOP; GFB DV+ ; Defi Tach; Hood Lift Kit
Rear Fog Lights (TBD)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Unread 04-14-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Good news , I have successfully updated the SD card on an Apple computer. I tried other Windows computers and came up with the security issue (which I was unable to bypass). A nearby Spider owner also tried to do the upgrade for me but their once working toolbox would not run anymore. Fiat customer services passed me on to two main dealers ,who were unable to offer any help in dealing with the issue. So to cut a long story short, downloaded the fiat infotainment tool box onto a apple computer, sd card updated successfully within an hour. Simples.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Unread 04-14-2019, 08:37 AM

Well done !

ARTHUR
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 09:22 AM
Ben

I think I need this. I was driving up the A1 over the weekend and the sat nav showed I was driving through a field.

Some junctions don't even appear.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 10:32 AM

You can go to Amazon and order the latest card ($70 +/-)...no problem at all, forget updating. This forum should be a great tool...do a search.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in