Android Auto Issues - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
After a couple of days usage I have a few issues to post.

First let me say thanks to all the pioneers who have made this possible.

There are a few issues though and maybe it is just glitches in the Mazda f/w as I don't think the core code of that has been modified but merely subfiles called by the core have been changed to make it FIAT again.

First, I am experiencing restarts and reboots with a black screen but the audio still plays and Waze still gives audible directions. I'm still seeing if a new USB C cable will fix this but I did notice one time that Android Auto had stopped or was suffering from a memory bleed on my phone.

Second, the two buttons to control either Waze or the audio player app are not functional at all. See the attached photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190515_072747_1557931015070.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	70234

Name:	20190515_072644_1557931078640.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	70236

Also, when exiting to the FIAT menu I see this.

Name:	20190515_074340_1557931556914.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	70240

Lastly, Android Auto will not recognize SiriusXM as a player via voice commands . It will play TuneIn Radio and switch inputs even using voice commands. For SiriusXM it tells me I need to install Google Music on my device (phone).

Last edited by Sammy124; 05-15-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:30 PM

Strange issues for sure. I’ve never had those problems so I don’t know if it is the Mazda firmware or just because AA tends to be finicky. Overall my AA has been working fine for a long time.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murix View Post
Strange issues for sure. Iíve never had those problems so I donít know if it is the Mazda firmware or just because AA tends to be finicky. Overall my AA has been working fine for a long time.
What f/w version are you using? I'm on 70.00.100a
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:44 PM

Great question. I don’t remember. Traveling right now but can check tomorrow night when I get back home.
Mike34 likes this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:54 PM

Garage
Wonder if the black screen is one of the issues the new firmware Mazda released is designed to address (don’t install that firmware - it causes other problems).

As for it still saying Mazda, that’s not surprising - I don’t think anyone looked at AA. I only looked at CarPlay as I don’t have any Android devices right now.
Mike34 and Sammy124 like this.

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyiní Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68wooley View Post
Wonder if the black screen is one of the issues the new firmware Mazda released is designed to address (don’t install that firmware - it causes other problems).

As for it still saying Mazda, that’s not surprising - I don’t think anyone looked at AA. I only looked at CarPlay as I don’t have any Android devices right now.
I think so and no I won't!

Hopefully soon a fix rolls for these issues.

I did manage to drive all the way home for an hour and a half with no issues with black screens today
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy124 View Post

I did manage to drive all the way home for an hour and a half with no issues with black screens today
Android Auto's always been finicky for me, but I also don't have the upgraded CMU, just the AIO AA package. I think it also depends on if the app's been updated recently, because sometimes it'll be good for me until an update comes out, then it's messed up until another update.

2017 Fiat 124 Abarth: Grigrio Argento Aluminum, 6MT, Luxury Package, Recaros
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynk26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy124 View Post

Android Auto's always been finicky for me, but I also don't have the upgraded CMU, just the AIO AA package. I think it also depends on if the app's been updated recently, because sometimes it'll be good for me until an update comes out, then it's messed up until another update.
You're running Android Auto without updating the f/w on the CMU? 🤔
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
@68wooley

If there's something you see in there to change that exit graphic let me know. I wouldn't even know where to start!

It is my understanding that the .335 f/w is to fix the issue with the black screen.

BTW, Should I search or post somewhere on the Mazda forum?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think I've determined that the black screen is occurring when I loose service. There are at least two places along my 70 mile commute where I either loose signal or I'm roaming and this is where Android Auto goes all wonky on me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page