Front License Plate Ticket - Page 3 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 10Likes

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Venat View Post

I should also clarify when I got pulled over, I didn't have a my drivers license on me (just wore the wrong jacket...) so my CAD 75 ticket was actually for not presenting my driver's license. The officer also had no idea what my car was, she suspected it was an overly modified S2000.

Alex
Next time tell the officer it's a Mazda MX5, with a engine swap and body kit. (which it is... kind of...)

King of Hyrule, Father of Zelda.
(aka Matthew)

Follow me as I raise my daughter, with only the spider as our daily driver on Instagram: GrowingUpFast808.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:53 AM

commishdjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatmidway124 View Post
Can we get a link for where to purchase a lower mount bracket, whether it retracts or not.
Try picking up a plastic license plate holder from pep boys for a couple of buckets then use zip ties and attached to the center of the lower front grill, looks great
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 05:06 AM

My abarth came with a front license plate bracket designed for it. Does anyone want it?
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:06 AM

I have never run a front plate but within 6 months of getting my 124 I have been pulled over twice. The first time I literally had the plates in my possession for 6 days because CarMax never bothered to tell me they were in. It's 100% a profiling thing and it pisses me off. I have a very short commute to work and watch people blow through red lights so stale that they're closer to green, yet I never see patrol cars anywhere around here - but in predatory spots where they can write easy tickets for cars speeding after going down a huge hill and no front tag?

I don't plan on staying in my state for very long but here it's a flat fine with no points and non-increasing fine amount so I consider it a "I won't ruin the look of my car and permanently modify the bumper" tax.

Police have been announcing that they're stepping up patrols for distracted driving. $83 fine for using your phone while driving. $75 for no front tag. I like that texting while driving is an $8 higher risk than not running a front tag. I can honestly say I never realized no front tag was so dangerous.

What a joke.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch_22 View Post
I have never run a front plate but within 6 months of getting my 124 I have been pulled over twice. The first time I literally had the plates in my possession for 6 days because CarMax never bothered to tell me they were in. It's 100% a profiling thing and it pisses me off. I have a very short commute to work and watch people blow through red lights so stale that they're closer to green, yet I never see patrol cars anywhere around here - but in predatory spots where they can write easy tickets for cars speeding after going down a huge hill and no front tag?

I don't plan on staying in my state for very long but here it's a flat fine with no points and non-increasing fine amount so I consider it a "I won't ruin the look of my car and permanently modify the bumper" tax.

Police have been announcing that they're stepping up patrols for distracted driving. $83 fine for using your phone while driving. $75 for no front tag. I like that texting while driving is an $8 higher risk than not running a front tag. I can honestly say I never realized no front tag was so dangerous.

What a joke.
In Alberta, we ditched the requirements for front plates several decades ago, but many of our provinces still require them. I personally don't understand the point behind it, and this is why. I see so many vehicles on the road that have put plates from other provinces or states on the front of their vehicle as some sort of vanity play, and IMHO, those are the ones that should get pulled over and fined.

If you want to put a front plate on that isn't a real license plate, and just the same sized and printed with the logo of your university or college, armed forces affiliations, etc.; I have no concern about that, as they don't create any confusion. But if the vehicle has a used plate from another jurisdiction and there's an incident with that vehicle, you can't rely on using the front plate info as it likely isn't registered to the vehicle.
Clutch_22 likes this.

MOPAR Dead Pedal, Red Vent Bezels, Plexy Windscreen
European Abarth Badging and Engine Cover
EuroCompulsion Intercooler ; V4 Intake System; Catch Can, Phase I & II Tune
Cravenspeed Shift Knob,;Stubby Antenna; Tach Pod Mount, Door Bushings
PTP Turbo Blanket ; Forge BOP; GFB DV+ ; Defi Tach; Hood Lift Kit
Switch Controlled Rear LED Fog Lights

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
https://globalnews.ca/news/5146249/o...tes-decisions/

No front license plate in Toronto?

Please Ford follow through with this one thing!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page