Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Fiat Infotainment tweaks

103K views 394 replies 107 participants last post by  vc08 
#1 ·
For those of you that have been interested in some of the tweaks to the 7.0 Infotainment that the Miata folks have been talking about, I've taken on the task of trying some of the common tweaks and doing a write-up on my results.

I'm happy to report success! I presumed that the Spring 2016 version of Mazda software was used as a basis for our OS and that by simply changing the initial boot animation from the Mazda logo / Miata drawing to the Fiat Spider version, that became our initial Fiat version of the OS, so I took a chance and tried the common tweaks that appealed to me. These are also the lines of code which I presumed would be exactly the same between our cousin vehicles.

I started a blog so as to have only one webpage to keep current, and if you're interested, all the details and links to the most user-friendly download I've found can be found there.

Enjoy!

#2 ·
I wonder why the car comes from the factory with the touch screen disabled while in motion. I have never seen that before and would find it frustrating if there weren't alternate ways to execute the functions it provides.

Reactions: motojo and ameridan
#7 ·
ameridan, did you get a nav card yet for your car? not sure if you were holding off til someone else verified how it works and what is required or if you jumped in.

#15 ·
My experience has been similar to yours. Not much coming out of the headrest speakers, except for phone calls or Nav guidance turn information. In general, the Audio is much inferior to what I was expecting. Very poor FM and AM reception, also. Don't know if it is a problem with my car, or if this is typical.

Alvon

#18 ·
Headrest speakers

I would agree. Just went on a nice trip up the coast highway with top down. The best sound is when front speakers and sub are loaded up. Back speakers very subtle and I don't think intended for any big booming sound.

#22 ·
Great work there ameridan! I wonder if there are any apps to display engine information on the screen, perhaps via the OBD port/bluetooth? I'm used to having a display of coolant temp, air inlet temp (to engine after turbo/intercooler), car voltage, lambda voltage or ratio, etc., maybe even boost pressure (if it is measured by the ECU?)

#23 ·
They are really supposed to be there for surround effect in the Bose system. I like the system quite a bit - very natural sounding but not as many ways of adjusting sound as I'd wish for.

#29 ·
Ran the tweaks on my car, so far so good. Did venture and installed the video tweak, I can see the tweak but haven't tried opit out yet. Could be useful for those people who have to sit in the car and wait to pick up their kids.

Reactions: ameridan
#32 ·
When my wife drives, the seat is so far forward another kid could crouch in the space behind the seat, so that's 3 kids, a perfect family car (with some size limitations) ;)

Reactions: racergary
#34 ·
I extracted all the files to a folder called All_In_One_Tweaks on my PC (actually under my Documents folder) and i run the "choose" file and it just says The system cannot find the path specified. I even tried to run this on the flash drive itself under the same folder names. I also tried to run it from the root of the flash drive. Any other suggestions?

#35 ·
Did you verify the files are actually extracted and not just showing up in a catalog of the zip file?

#36 · (Edited)
they are all extracted.. but i edited the choose.cmd file and it is looking for stuff in folders that doesnt exist under the Tools folder.. not sure why that is. I am wondering if I downloaded the right file. its called V1.51_test...

Ptthh. that was the problem. i guess happened to download it while he put that test file up.. i downloaded the right one and it works like a champ..
Lesson learned.. If it says test.. it probably means TEST.. :)

#37 ·
no kids for me, just thinking of others. i don't think i would ever use the video just thought it was interesting option. i actually did try to play a video last night. i thought i had it in the right format but never got it to play. however did note an issue after jumped out of the video player app. i tried to go over to the door locks and turn the auto lock when you walk away and it and several others programmable options were not accessible. i could see the folder but it was grayed out. was kind of freaked out at that point, worried these tweaks messed something else. but this morning when i left for work i popped back into things and found that everything was back to normal.

#39 · (Edited)
The tweaks that I've identified as verified, yes. The speedometer too, installs nicely, but I'm not sure if it works properly regarding altitude and compass headings.
I identify the tweaks that won't install with version 1.50 in the blog.

The test file may not be standalone as the author stated that it should be unzipped on top of the current version (1.50)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.