Mike Ward Fiat - Denver - Page 2 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68wooley View Post
About to start the blind spot fun and games, I guess, with Larry Miller. Fully expect they'll try to blame it on my car being lowered even though it worked fine until a week or two ago.

The Larry Miller location had no Fiat branding outside as far as I could see BTW so it doesn't look like they are making any great effort to sell them. They only have a few 500's listed on their inventory.
Oh its a blast.. Started this process months ago and seems like a struggle, or at least it was with Mike Ward.. waited months for the "special tool" to arrive to them.. too it in and they did whatever they did, nothing changed. They tried to tell me that is just the way it is so I had to go back, get the tech in the car and take him for a drive. He agreed it was not right. Weird thing is it works perfectly fine at anything below 60ish MPH and works perfectly when it is raining... no clue what the variables are but that is what I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:51 AM

Graeme, can you tell us what is going on in your car with the monitoring system? What I have seen in my car whilst driving out I-70 in the plains, is the light in my passenger mirror will come on occasionally, for no reason at all. Is that your monitoring system problem? Curious
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWy View Post
Graeme, can you tell us what is going on in your car with the monitoring system? What I have seen in my car whilst driving out I-70 in the plains, is the light in my passenger mirror will come on occasionally, for no reason at all. Is that your monitoring system problem? Curious
Sorry for possible confusion, are you asking me, someone else or just everyone in general lol... Not sure who Graeme is hahah. My bad.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:28 AM

Anyone, actually ....thanks
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWy View Post
Anyone, actually ....thanks
For sure.. well, in a nut shell, the blind spot system on my car is on 90% of the time at speeds above 60ish MPH. Can alternate between just driver side on, passenger side on or both.. doesnt really have a rhyme or reason.. sometimes it will be on with a cement median on, sometimes not... the weird thing is that below the 60 MPH mark, it works perfect.. int he rain, no issues at any speed. Took it back to the dealer a few weeks after I bought it and they had to borrow some special calibration tool that took well over 3 months to get. When they got the tool they calibrated the dopplers (sp) but that did not fix the issue. They told me that it was operating just like the other spiders they had on the lot but agreed it was not operating as it should since it is on literally all the time with the above perimeters. I had called FCA back when the calibration tool was taking forever to get in and I have to say the communication from them has been top notch. Speed things up, FCA decided that the system needed to be replaced, or a portion of it anyhow, and they ordered the parts. In the time the parts were in transit Mike Ward either dropped Fiat or Fiat dropped them, not sure which... so now Im waiting for the "approval" to take it to another dealer, Larry H Miller I guess from what FCA told me, to have them do the work. This has been a weird process as Ive owned new cars in the past and have never in my life had to deal with such a long waiting period to get something repaired. Very strange for sure but I will say that I hope nothing major ever happens to this car because if there is a simple little thing like this happening I would hate to see what happens if something major happens. Thats my story, in a nut shell hahah
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Brodbeck View Post
... Thats my story, in a nut shell hahah
Pretty similar story here. I've always gotten the occasional false positive from the system i.e. it activating for no apparent reason, but not enough to really worry about. For the last week or two though, the driver side is on pretty much permanently. I haven't really worked out any pattern to it.

Graeme / 68Wooley

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page