Mike Ward Fiat - Denver - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Mike Ward Fiat - Denver

My car was booked in to Mike Ward Fiat in Highlands Ranch, Denver next week to have them look at the aircon (it's been leaking coolant ever since I picked it up two years ago). Got a call from the service manager today to say they are no longer servicing Fiat and were cancelling the appointment. It seems they are dropping Fiat from their portfolio.

Not sure if this is due to lack of sales or if Fiat just simply didn't fit with the rest of their portfolio (Infiniti, Alfa, Maserati, McLaren). I'm guessing a bit of both. Particularly from a servicing standpoint, if they have limited capacity, I'm guessing Fiat was way less profitable for them than some of those other brands.

Still, disappointing.

Anyone have experience of Larry Miller in Aurora?

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:48 PM

Garage
I use Larry Miller here in Tucson. They've been great.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Good thing I didn't buy from Mike Ward, they were in the running. Up in Wyoming service options are extremely limited and I travel to Denver every so often. Anyone have any experience with the other Denver area dealers?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear this...not very encouraging.

Boy we are a loyal and loving bunch to put up with the treatment we get. Speaks volumes about what a superb little car it is - even the ones like ours that have never been 1005 right from new, LOL.

2017 Abarth AT, Red on Black, Brembo brakes, Recaro seats.
http://www.billavista.com/
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:44 PM

Yes Graeme ....Larry Miller Dodge has taken over the Larry Miller Fiat and service was good. Ask for Ryan in service.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWy View Post
Yes Graeme ....Larry Miller Dodge has taken over the Larry Miller Fiat and service was good. Ask for Ryan in service.
Cheers Steve - I’ll call them tomorrow. They’re actually closer to me, but the eye candy in the showroom isn’t as good.
SteveWy likes this.

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Just back from Larry Miller - definitely a different experience from Mike Ward. Very rough and ready facility, but ultimately they were friendly enough and seemed moderately competent. The service manager did make me laugh taking no s*** from customer kicking off about [email protected] service by pointing out they'd called the number the customer had left 5 times with no response.

Anyway, to the point, whilst there this morning another - silver - 124 Abarth came in. Never got a chance to meet the owner - anyone here?

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:34 AM

Same deal with Mike Ward myself.. bought my spider from them and have been struggling with the blind spot system for the past, what 5 months now, and Fiat decided the entire system needed to be replaced. Parts came in then got the call from Fiat saying Mike Ward was no longer doing Fiats. Had to go up there the other day to get some coolant from them as they had it in stock and they said they are going to try and get my car done there instead of going to Larry H like Fiat booked it in.. who knows. Bought my past 3 cars from Mike Ward but is what it is.. and yes, lots of eye candy there. Funny thing is when I was there the other day they had a crated chassis from a guy the cracked the carbon fiber frame.. service guy told me the frame is 160k and that is not including labor to swap everything over to it.. said it would be about another 100k to do that. He said the car was a production line of 1 of 1.. jesus it would be nice to have that kind of money to wreck your car and drop 260k to get it fixed. Insurance totaled it out and he bought it back from them hahah..
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Brodbeck View Post
Same deal with Mike Ward myself.. bought my spider from them and have been struggling with the blind spot system for the past, what 5 months now, and Fiat decided the entire system needed to be replaced...
About to start the blind spot fun and games, I guess, with Larry Miller. Fully expect they'll try to blame it on my car being lowered even though it worked fine until a week or two ago.

The Larry Miller location had no Fiat branding outside as far as I could see BTW so it doesn't look like they are making any great effort to sell them. They only have a few 500's listed on their inventory.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:58 PM

I purchased my car through Mike Ward in January but hadn't needed service yet but I had my 124 in at Larry H Miller Dodge this Monday for the Transmission recall and install new LED lights. While the facility is older the staff was respectful and easy to work with. I wonder if they know their Fiat service hours are going to start going up.
Nathan Brodbeck likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page