post #181 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klikai View Post
Well

I am on tork Stage 1+ with EC V4 intake and Full GWR exhaust

with good 93 octane gas

I pulled away from a new 5.7L Charger R/T from a 40MPH roll
A 5.7 Charger R/T is a low 13 second 1/4 mile car. Are you saying that your 124 Spider is a low 13 second car?
sharkcohen and jetlag like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post
Was the Charger aware that you were racing? LOL.
Or starting stationary?
sharkcohen likes this.

- Jonathan

2017 Abarth - Russo with heritage stripe - Recaros - Brembos - Bose Package
Mods: Cat-back un-resonated GWR exhaust - EC v4 intake - EC Intercooler - EC Catch Can - GFB DV+ - Raceseng Circuit Cylinder shift knob - Stubby Antenna - Blackbird Fabworx roll bar - EC Phase 2 tune - 4C coil packs - Brisk spark plugs - Vaitrix boost gauge
post #183 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
A 5.7 Charger R/T is a low 13 second 1/4 mile car. Are you saying that your 124 Spider is a low 13 second car?

If the car that EC used for the Phase 1/2 Dyno sheets were to run at its 208WHP at 2700lbs it would be 13.689 and 99.57MPH per the Drag Times Calculator.

2018 Abarth 6-Speed|EC Phase 3/Stuffed 1446 Turbo/V4 Intake/FMIC/Oil Catch Can|EclipTech ShiftP2|Brisk Silver Plugs|Alfa 4C Coils|SnowBoost Stage3 w/Vaitrix Controller|Full GWR Roadster Sport Exhaust w/Sport Cat|Forge BOA Blue WGA Green|PTP Turbo Blanket|Vaitrix 45PSI Boost|GlowShift Dual IAT|Cravenspeed Vent Pods/Red Shift Knob||Konig Dekagram 17x8 45mm|Michelin PSS 235/45R17/MT ET Street R 245/45R17 Record [email protected]
post #184 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I think it's more reasonable to say that the stock car is 130ish to the wheel. I think any dyno showing 150ish to the wheel is a very, very generous dyno. But again, it's the delta that matters.

I don't think SAE correction is necessarily important for a single dyno session, but normalizing the data in some consistent way is important for comparing sessions on different days. I consider this to be an educated opinion, and would certainly be open to being wrong about it if some subject matter experts speak to it.
130ish? Please don't burst my bubble. Let me have my generous dyno results.

When Flyin' Miata did my dyno testing Jeremy Ferber and I had a discussion about SAE correction. He was convinced none should be used on turbo cars. And keep in mind they build turbo cars as well. But you're right, if dyno testing is done on same dyno but weather conditions are drastically different how do you account for that without some correction formula? One thing I don't like is that the correction formulas can be manipulated by the tuner. It would be nice if all dynos were web-linked to automatically download the local absolute barometric pressure, temperature and humidity with no input allowed from the tuner.

Out of curiosity, what, if any, correction factors are used on EC's dyno charts? I apologize if it's there somewhere and I missed it. I see on Auto Ricambi's website they show the correction factor as STD Smoothing 5. Since standard correction gives about 4% more HP numbers than SAE correction I would say their numbers are about what I achieved since I got 179 WHP uncorrected and if I added in that 4% (just for grins) it would be 186. I achieved just slightly more torque than they did. But peak numbers mean nothing if the rest of the results are sloppy.
post #185 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 05:18 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jetlag Send a message via MSN to jetlag Send a message via Yahoo to jetlag
Quote:

The new charger shuts down 4 cylinders when idling. They just failed to get back on line in a timely manner, lol
sharkcohen and jopo like this.

2018 Abarth, MT, Euro Compulsion Inter-Cooler, Euro Compulsion V4 intake, Catch Can, GFB DV+, Euro Compulsion Phase I, II, PTP Turbo Blanket, Cusco Front brace bar, Record Monza Exhaust, soundproofing tiles
2015 Dodge Ram Laramie Eco Diesel
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel
post #186 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 PM

Garage
An important line from my Tork versus EC tune review that shouldn't be overlooked:

"In my opinion, based entirely on my very subjective, seat-of-the-pants butt dyno,"

I stand by my opinions in that review, but they are entirely that - opinions. There's zero science behind them.

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
post #187 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klikai View Post
Well

I am on tork Stage 1+ with EC V4 intake and Full GWR exhaust

with good 93 octane gas

I pulled away from a new 5.7L Charger R/T from a 40MPH roll
Giggle.
sharkcohen and jopo like this.

2017 Abarth
Grigio Argento Aluminum
GWR Exhaust
EC V4 Intake + Upgraded Intercooler
Catch Can
DV+
EC Phase 2 Tune + Pops & Bangs
post #188 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 02:19 AM

@klikai would you be willing to meet up with someone that has a -working- EC Phase 2 tune?

1+ vs P2 would be a fun comparison!

Where do you live?

Mods: Turbo Blanket, GFB DV+, Paddle Shifter Extensions, Tork Tune Stage 1.
post #189 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 AM

Also, the jokes/pointless comments on a tuned car pulling away from a boat are not appreciated. Show some respect peeps.

Mods: Turbo Blanket, GFB DV+, Paddle Shifter Extensions, Tork Tune Stage 1.
post #190 of 198 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 06:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
LOL

Yes we were following two mustangs

and punched it the sametime when they did their roll

now I won because of the weight

They had 3 people in the car...3 fat dudes....so that is about at least 250lbs -300 lbs per person extra conservatively

I doubt the car will go any faster with that weight
jopo and jetlag like this.

Last edited by klikai; 10-10-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page