Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

30th Anniversary MX-5

7K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Arthur 
#1 ·
Mazda are revealing a 30th Anniversary Edition MX-5 tomorrow (Feb 7th)

Will be interesting to see if this is just an ND with special edition trim, or an indicator of a new model. I suspect it's the former as they are only making 3000 worldwide, but any significant changes would suggest an imminent demise of the 124.

Link here

Reactions: Joseph124
#3 · (Edited)
The Miata guys are forecasting a unique orange color with special trim. We’ll see in a few hours.
I think the facts that FCA has stopped adding FIAT dealers and has pulled all advertising (except for last year’s Shaggy & Sting video) have already suggested the demise of the 124, at least in North America.

#4 ·
But the 2020 124 Spider is confirmed for US already, no?

#6 ·
It's orange.

And he announced a dedication to genuine reproduction parts for the NA generation cars to keep them going.

Nearly half of the 1 million Miatas built in those 30 years were sold in the USA.

HEY FIAT, ARE YOU LISTENING?! Advertise your cars, market your cars, bring them to the people and spread good will and excitement for them.

I love my Spider, but I'm worried for its continued future. Still have not seen another one on the road in my area. I see Miatas all the time- old basket case Miatas, brand new Miatas, stock and customized. Never do I see a Spider, never.

Steve.

Reactions: Russ and Mike34
#8 ·
Saw it, think it looks ugly as ****. Their red is so good.

#10 ·
And...... that would be a no !..I grew up with orange cars (it was the 70's) and never again

TBH _ i do think that age of classical proper sports cars is nearly over. The ND and 124 will be last of their line. What few sports cars that exist in production are now vanity projects

I would have excluded Supercars from this statement but SUV !!!

G
#18 ·
I like the alcantara on the dash and door panels, looks great. Other than that, i've never been a big fan of the exterior styling, and the "special" recaro seats are the same ones available in the Abarth lol

#19 · (Edited)
I absolutely HATE ORANGE CARS. I think they're ugly, especially any sort of "sunburst" type of orange.

Except for this one. Mazda did a great job.

#24 ·
Yes, the Subaru crosstrek has a similar color. They also had a special edition BRZ in black with a few carbon fiber bits. Honestly, I’m not impressed with the current crop of special editions; just doesn’t seem to be enough to make it ‘special’.

Having said that, the orange looks distinctive.

#26 ·
Is this from Horizon 4? If that's the case then I will have to buy it. I've still been having fun on 3 when I need my fix :D

#30 ·
Wow you preffered not to ppf a car than buy it???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.