Shopping in Texas - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 45Likes

post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Shopping in Texas

Greetings heroic Spider drivers!
I have had some crazy expensive MX5 PHRT repairs diagnosed and decided to sell it and go spider!
I have 3 I am looking at and all seem to be Abarth's and all are new 2019's.
One is white with black Heritage stripe and red\black seats. (this is the favored one)
A silver with black heritage strip and recarro seats in grey (this is kind of in second place so far)
And a white Abarth with red rearviews a red bar at the bottom front and a red dot in the grill. (This one is the only one that will not require travel to pickup).
I have been approved for financing. Plan to sell the MX5 through carmax next week and Easter weekend I am excited to report it goes down!
Which car will win in this thunderdome of car shopping??
We will see on the exciting shopping trip!
Oh i had a couple of questions.
How well does the bluethooth pair with Ipods?
Do they come with airbags?
Gacias!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:34 PM

Do any of them have links to the cars? The one with the red pieces is one that is equipped with a Veleno package. That's pretty cool as most people want to add that stuff anyway. There are other things to consider thought. Visibility group, Sound/Nav package, Brembo brakes etc... They definitely have airbags btw.
Butterpants likes this.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Garage
Aloha and Welcome aboard!

There are a lot of good folks from Texas on this forum. ( @Archangel21# looking at you!!! he's a great guy...bought me dinner too!)

Looks like you got a bead on what you want. That is good, as a lot of people had to shop for awhile and long distance. (bought mine in San Diego and shipped it to Honolulu).

Yes to the airbags!

I use an iPhone and it always synced up. Depending on the amount of music (GB size)...plugging in directly maybe the best way. Either through the AUX port 3.5mm or USB or of course the Bluetooth. I've also upgraded to CarPlay and love it! There is a huge thread dedicated to that...

aloha mike
Butterpants likes this.

Aloha Mike"Wendi" '17 124 Spider Abarth Bianco w/vinyl wrap Heritage stripe ~ 6MT, Cobalt hood lifts, RED-Forge BOV. EC Intercooler, EC V4 intake, Alfa 4C Coils, EC-tune PH1&2, Vaitrix 30psi Boost Gauge, AMSOIL and PTP Thermal blanket, Redline shifter/parking brake boots (Alcantara), Red - Vents, Anodized Scorpion oil cap, mirror covers & lip. Scorpion engine cover. Scorpion console Lid, Auto Ricambi Muffler delete w/resonators, CS Door Bushings (RED) Mishimoto tank & CarPlay
Aloha! !! !!!!
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey Misto279,
I have links to the cars if it is ok to post. Actually i have a whole excel spreadsheet with links and features of each as well as financial breakdown.

And now here are the cars:
https://www.brunerchryslerdodgejeepr...06f1a9e9d8.htm

https://www.northsideimportshouston....NFAEK3J0138683

and finally
https://www.fiatusaofaustin.com/inve...faek1k0142751/
Mike34 likes this.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterpants View Post
Hey Misto279,
I have links to the cars if it is ok to post. Actually i have a whole excel spreadsheet with links and features of each as well as financial breakdown.

And now here are the cars:
https://www.brunerchryslerdodgejeepr...06f1a9e9d8.htm

https://www.northsideimportshouston....NFAEK3J0138683

and finally
https://www.fiatusaofaustin.com/inve...faek1k0142751/
Hi...I've seen that same listing from Fiat of Austin. That has almost all the equipment I would order if I was buying (well, except for the blonde in the driver's seat...she was a one-time only exclusive option ), except for it doesn't have Brembo brakes. Other than that, it's what I've been working to get my 2017 as close to as I can.

I bought my 2017 Abarth AT new from Fiat of Austin in 2016. I've had a good experience with them so far, and my saleswoman at the time, Angie Hicks, is a member of the Austin Fiat club. She doesn't work in sales anymore though, she's in new vehicle delivery these days. Anyways...good luck with your shopping and hope to see you at a Texas meetup one of these days.
Butterpants likes this.

"Pearl" 2017 124 Spider Abarth AT Bianco Perla; AA/CarPlay; AIO tweaks; Eurospec Abarth Engine Cover, Red Bits & Side Badges; Eurospec "Officine Abarth" Floor Mat Badges; Bright Dead Pedal; Destructo/Murat Abarth Steering Wheel Badge v.2; Record Monza Exhaust; Wilwood Dynalite 4-piston Big Brake Kit; Cravenspeed Red Door Bushings.

Last edited by AnClar; 04-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:20 PM

I bought my car from Northside Imports in Houston. I had a great experience. Good luck with your choice. They all look great.

2018 124 Abarth 6MT Rosso Red | Recaros | Bose | EC Phase 2 | EC Intercooler | EC V4 Intake | hlins FPSpc coilovers | Karcepts F/R sway bars|GWR Roadster Sport exhaust with GWR Sportcat | Wilwood front and rear brakes | Forge Recirculating BOV | Forge Waste Gate Actuator | Enkei TS-10 17x8 | Dunlop Direzza ZIII 235/40R17 | McGard Spline Drive Lugs | PTP Lava Turbo Blanket | Vaitrix Boost Gauge | Raceseng shift knob | Madness GoPedal Plus | Cobalt Hood Lifts |My build thread
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:30 PM

All three of these are sweet but just a little info for you about them.

The 2019 (https://www.brunerchryslerdodgejeepr...06f1a9e9d8.htm)
+Tri-Coat Pearl is a paint option that runs $595. Its gorgeous.
+It does have the Bose/Nav package
+It does have the Heritage stripe.
-This car does not have the visibility package or the comfort and convenience package.
-It does not have the Recaro's or The Brembo's.
-It does not have the Veleno package.

The 2018 (https://www.northsideimportshouston....NFAEK3J0138683)
+This car has the visibility and the comfort and convenience package.
+It has the Bose/Nav package and it also appears to have the Brembo brakes.
+It has the Heritage stripe.
-It does not have the Recaro's.
*Veleno package not an option on American 2018's.

Lastly the 2019 (https://www.fiatusaofaustin.com/inve...faek1k0142751/)
+This car has the visibility and the comfort and convenience package.
+It has the Bose/Nav package.
+It has the Veleno package.
+It has the Heritage stripe.
+It's Tri-Coat Pearl.
-Alas it also does not have the Recaro's or Brembo's.

Now the question is... What IS important to you? Each one of these is different enough from each other that you definitely have to ask yourself if you care about things like heated mirrors, or extra stopping power, or if you like the red bits?!
Butterpants likes this.

Last edited by Misto279; 04-11-2019 at 07:32 PM.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Garage
hehehe you can always BUY RED BITS!!!!!!

aloha mike
AnClar, depotdan and Butterpants like this.

Aloha Mike"Wendi" '17 124 Spider Abarth Bianco w/vinyl wrap Heritage stripe ~ 6MT, Cobalt hood lifts, RED-Forge BOV. EC Intercooler, EC V4 intake, Alfa 4C Coils, EC-tune PH1&2, Vaitrix 30psi Boost Gauge, AMSOIL and PTP Thermal blanket, Redline shifter/parking brake boots (Alcantara), Red - Vents, Anodized Scorpion oil cap, mirror covers & lip. Scorpion engine cover. Scorpion console Lid, Auto Ricambi Muffler delete w/resonators, CS Door Bushings (RED) Mishimoto tank & CarPlay
Aloha! !! !!!!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:34 PM

Garage
@Butterpants . I purchased my 2018 124 Abarth from Fiat of McKinney, TX. The sales staff was terrific. No matter which one you choose, you will love it. The members of this Forum can and will guide you through all the mods to personalize your car. It’s a small, fairly exclusive, community and we welcome you to it. Make sure to post pictures, when you close the deal.

Dan
Butterpants likes this.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Man , you guys are great and really know your stuff!
Misto, i really appreciate that breakdown of options. That 2019 in Stephenville is really the one i have my heart on. I do like the Nav pack and bose. But that white with black has my eye.
Bonus it is also he one my dad likes Add to the fact that the price is starting out good without any negotiating. Of course that is internet listing price so i always take that with a grain of salt.
Really only thing i would like to change on that car is a red rearview mod and maybe a red dot in the grill

Tuesday i have the appointment with Carmax to get my Miata Appraised. Then, on good Fiat Friday let the shopping begin!
Tomorrow, I head over to the local dealership to test drive the third choice. I still have not actually driven a Arbarth. I test drove a Lusso.
So I am looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.
Keep it in 6th gear guys!
Butter
AnClar, Mike34 and Misto279 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page