Car went into limp mode today on highway. - Page 4 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 47Likes

post #31 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It is indeed fast and loud but you feel so much more distant to the driving experience than with the Abarth.

Mods: Turbo Blanket, GFB DV+, Paddle Shifter Extensions, Tork Tune Stage 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett67 View Post
I rented a Camaro SS once in FL and it was pretty fast. I didn't like the 4 cylinder mode that it kept trying to go into so I kept it in Sport mode all of the time
Raced a Camaro SS before, and just hate the ABS on them. If you jam the brake too fast it goes into Ice mode so hard.

That said, one autox, we rented a ~2011 v6 Convertable Camaro, which I will say was the most hilarious race car ever. It didn't turn, have any structural rigidity, and you had to Scandinavian flick and spear the gas to turn the car. Absolute most fun I have ever had in a car. We had 12 guys racing the car, so basically 50PSI and smoked a set of 18" PZeros in a few hours. Pretty fun drifting a Camaro with 5 people in it

This post sponsored by Enterprise.. Not really, they probably were not very happy about it.

Turns out, I'm strangely good at driving V6 Pony Cars fast. They are horrible cars, and you really have to just abuse them to get them to move fast. Meaning, aggressive flicks, lots of throttle stabbing, and basically drifting is faster than gripping on bad tires/stock suspension in those.
post #33 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
FYI tested the car hard around town today and runs great. Nothing out of the norm.

Will try again tomorrow at highway speeds and will ask dealer to check all connections on Monday when they install the Monza.

Excited as heck.

post #34 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDreamCar View Post
FYI tested the car hard around town today and runs great. Nothing out of the norm.

Will try again tomorrow at highway speeds and will ask dealer to check all connections on Monday when they install the Monza.

Excited as heck.
No offense but I think you are missing out on part of the experience of ownership of this special little car by relying on someone else to do everything for you. I can understand getting parts installed by someone else if you don't have the tools or don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. But something as simple as checking connections can easily be done in a few minutes with the most basic of tools or in most cases no tools at all. Your dealer is going to look and see no codes, do a quick visual and tell you all is well.

2018 124 Abarth 6MT Rosso Red | Recaros | Bose | EC Phase 2 | EC Intercooler | EC V4 Intake | hlins FPSpc coilovers | Karcepts F/R sway bars|GWR Roadster Sport exhaust with GWR Sportcat | Wilwood front and rear brakes | Forge Recirculating BOV | Forge Waste Gate Actuator | Enkei TS-10 17x8 | Dunlop Direzza ZIII 235/40R17 | McGard Spline Drive Lugs | PTP Lava Turbo Blanket | Vaitrix Boost Gauge | Raceseng shift knob | Madness GoPedal Plus | Cobalt Hood Lifts |My build thread

Last edited by Chainringtattoo; 01-03-2019 at 10:00 PM.
post #35 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I installed the Turbo blanket, Cabling for the Dashcam, License Plate, Painted the Calipers Red, installed the new Center Caps, Wax and detail, etc.

I’ve done plenty mods on my own and the Monza and DV were simply offered to be installed for free, so of course I accepted.

Don’t worry about my enjoyment, I’ve got plenty of it 🙂

post #36 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
And like I said, I checked the connections and they seemed snug but the dealer will have more insight than me.

post #37 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:41 PM

Garage
emmm, I went in to limp mode on my tork tune, it triggered a pending code but didn’t sent a check eng light. So check codes with a OBD2 scanner first. Keep in mind there was a pending code but NO check eng light yet.

It turns out my car was having some spark knock around 4000RPM. I clear the code and used a bottle octane booster it went away and never returned.

Check fuel quality
The bump might sent some stuff off you never know

APR Aero Package, DG Motorsport Carbon fiber Hardtop, AFE Intake, MISHIMOTO Catch Can, Forge Blow-off Valve, Full Good Win Racing Exhaust, Progress Sway Bars, Roadsters port Springs, Tork Tune Stage 1+, Tork Intercooler, Freodo DS2500Enkei Japan PFM1 17X9 , RE-71r
post #38 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Did you check the pending code with the Tork handheld?

post #39 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 07:54 AM

Limp mode after hitting a large bump, go to 24 minutes. https://youtu.be/vJGTfrwNrkA
post #40 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
@klikai

If you used the Tork handheld, to scan for pending codes was it in ignition 2 or off?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page