Selling my Complete Drive Train - Page 2 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 08:02 AM
Vendor

I'm excited about this swap. If I haven't mentioned this before, that's essentially an Alfa Romeo V6. The design came from the time when G.M and Alfa were in bed together. The Alfa Brera got a 3.2L version and the Camaro a 3.6. So in my view, it sort of makes sense.

Greg

eurocompulsion.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I'm excited about this swap. If I haven't mentioned this before, that's essentially an Alfa Romeo V6. The design came from the time when G.M and Alfa were in bed together. The Alfa Brera got a 3.2L version and the Camaro a 3.6. So in my view, it sort of makes sense.

Greg
I did not know that!
Thanks for the info, at least that makes me more comfy

so soon I am going to have a car with japanese desgiend chassis, Italian body style and a Italian-American Engine.

Jesus what a ............

APR Aero Package, DG Motorsport Carbon fiber Hardtop, AFE Intake, MISHIMOTO Catch Can, Forge Blow-off Valve, Full Good Win Racing Exhaust, Progress Sway Bars, Roadsters port Springs, Tork Tune Stage 1+, Tork Intercooler, Freodo DS2500Enkei Japan PFM1 17X9 , RE-71r
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by klikai View Post
I did not know that!
Thanks for the info, at least that makes me more comfy

so soon I am going to have a car with japanese desgiend chassis, Italian body style and a Italian-American Engine.

Jesus what a ............
Lol - what could go wrong.

In all seriousness - good luck with this, I'll be following your progress avidly. And I though I'd done well getting spousal permission to buy new wheels today
jopo and jetlag like this.

2017 124 Abarth 6MT Forte Black :: Forge Recirculating BOV :: EC stuff - V4.1 Intake, Oil catch can, Intercooler :: Tork Stage 1 Tune :: PTP Turbo Blanket :: Alfa 4C Coils :: Flyin’ Miata Fox Coilovers :: Complete collection of incredibly overpriced OEM alcantara trim pieces :: Ameridan's fabulous ICE tweaks :: SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles in trunk :: SigmaKore ceramic coating :: CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade :: Moss Miata door bushings :: 6UL Wheels 17*8 :: Conti ECS 215*45
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 05:46 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jetlag Send a message via MSN to jetlag Send a message via Yahoo to jetlag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Greg

You know, GM is much like a cheating husband/wife. I don't remember all the details, so it may not be totally accurate. Ok in the interest of being accurate, I did that google thing, lol. The 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 comes to these shores courtesy of VM Motori, a longtime Italian marine-diesel-engine builder and former affiliate of Fiat. Ownership is now, interestingly enough, split 50/50 between Chrysler/Fiat and General Motors. What it doesn't say is how GM got involved in the first place. Before GM went bankrupt a few years back, they were looking to put a diesel engine in a Cadillac, and this engine was supposedly developed for said Caddy. When it didn't happen, the engine initially was put in use in Europe in light trucks before making its way here in the 2014 Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 trucks.

2018 Abarth, MT, Euro Compulsion Inter-Cooler, Euro Compulsion V4 intake, Catch Can, GFB DV+, Euro Compulsion Phase I, II, PTP Turbo Blanket, Cusco Front brace bar, Record Monza Exhaust, soundproofing tiles
2015 Dodge Ram Laramie Eco Diesel
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:38 AM

Garage
@klikai
Good luck on the project.
Cant wait to see it come to fruition.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip33 View Post
@klikai
Good luck on the project.
Cant wait to see it come to fruition.
I know right..

Now I just need to figure out a way to sell this to my wife

and find a way for my vehicle from NY to FL

Maybe I should drive there............

I'm going to die if I drive 1000 miles in this car

APR Aero Package, DG Motorsport Carbon fiber Hardtop, AFE Intake, MISHIMOTO Catch Can, Forge Blow-off Valve, Full Good Win Racing Exhaust, Progress Sway Bars, Roadsters port Springs, Tork Tune Stage 1+, Tork Intercooler, Freodo DS2500Enkei Japan PFM1 17X9 , RE-71r
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I know right..

I did 1,400 miles in mine from Houston to Grand Junction with 51 psi in the tires. It was a bit stiff. In October I did a 1200 mile round trip to Phoenix. The roads in northern Arizona are the worst I've ever seen. But I still had fun and enjoyed the drive. Tell your wife this is something that HAS to be done. The community demands it. She'll understand.

2018 124 Abarth 6MT Rosso Red | Recaros | Bose | EC Phase 2 | EC Intercooler | EC V4 Intake | Öhlins FPSpëc coilovers | Karcepts F/R sway bars|GWR Roadster Sport exhaust with GWR Sportcat | Wilwood front and rear brakes | Forge Recirculating BOV | Forge Waste Gate Actuator | Enkei TS-10 17x8 | Dunlop Direzza ZIII 235/40R17 | McGard Spline Drive Lugs | PTP Lava Turbo Blanket | Vaitrix Boost Gauge | Raceseng shift knob | Madness GoPedal Plus | Cobalt Hood Lifts |My build thread
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
I know right..

https://www.fountaintransportservices.com/

2017 FIAT 124 Spider Lusso | EC Phase 2 | EC V4 intake | EC intercooler | EC catch can | Alfa 4C coil packs | GWR RoadsterSport exhaust with SportCat | Forge wastegate actuator | GFB DV+ | PTP Lava turbo blanket | Speedhut boost and IAT gauges | Cravenspeed gauge vent pods | Continental ExtremeContact Sport | Flyin' Miata LBBK
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Just and update on the process. I got the official quote from V8 roadster, should not be a problem of sharing this information. I will post the quote as soon as he gives me an OK to do that.

Now we are discuss the possibility of using the new LGX, but I really don’t like the cylinder deactivation. On the pushrod V8s the AFM lifters are garbage, and always a problem. LGX has the same mounting points.

but we can disable it probably, and LGX has more parts avalible. Since the LFX on camaros is only from 12-15 IIRC

Last edited by klikai; 02-10-2019 at 07:55 PM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 08:29 AM

Any update on this? I think this swap might actually lose weight on the front-end and gain some weight on the rear-end. Then it would be 50-50 and better balanced than factory!

Are you still going with an LGX and other new parts? How much is a crate LGX and rear diff going to be? What transmission are you going to use?

I have never seen anyone’s feedback on a turn-key V8R car, but I was VERY underwhelmed by the V8R parts supplied to a man on a NC LFX swap build thread on miata.net. The guy basically modified or fixed everything that he got from V8R. Hopefully their turn-key cars are rock-solid and have zero problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page