Information on the AFE Turbo - Page 8 - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 24Likes

post #71 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Peehler View Post
Shoot me a PM or email. Also, Tell John to get me a better tune . I'm all prepped for stage 2 at this point. Exhaust bits didn't add as much power as I would have liked (spool wise), but the intercooler definitely helps the car breathe more. I know for sure that'll make a big difference when running higher boost levels. Just frustrating to have all of the headway these mods have to offer without the aggressive tune to go with it!

I also need to sort out a legitimate catch can. My co-driver has one laying in his shop that was apparently a top quality catch can back in the day. I may want to hook that up since we found some oil in there. Should help make the tune safer as well without oil dilution.
I fabricated a mount for the mishimoto catch can

APR Aero Package, DG Motorsport Carbon fiber Hardtop, AFE Intake, MISHIMOTO Catch Can, Forge Blow-off Valve, Full Good Win Racing Exhaust, Progress Sway Bars, Roadsters port Springs, Tork Tune Stage 1+, Tork Intercooler, Freodo DS2500Enkei Japan PFM1 17X9 , RE-71r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyeme Racing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverosx View Post
..., people will move the goal post even further.
The first place to scoot it back to would be long term trim / memory. You can't just flash a tune and go. The calibration needs to get adjusted for by the ECU. So you can't just hurry up and make runs like shooting a movie scene during a sunset.

The proof is in the pudding, as far as tunes go. Did it improve drivability? Get rid of a power dip? Improve your 1/4 mile times? And whatever your metric, and this goes for any mod: did the change result in a consistent improvement over the pre-change data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klikai View Post
Not hate.

But Suspicion.

Specially the 4WD dyno problem that nobody else have
they claim that the vehicle pulls power on a 4WD dyno where no one else has this issue

https://www.124spider.org/forum/410-...testing-6.html

Before knowing there was any such debate, I had run my own 124 on a 2-wheel dyno (no tune at the time) and got reasonable results. A year later, I ran again, this time with an OFP calibration, again on a 2-wheel dyno, and got reasonable results. The second time, I made sure to capture video both inside and outside the car, including the dash, and thorough datalogging. I haven't seen anyone post data showing what the ECU is doing to retract power delivery, and my own data didn't show anything that I could see happening (throttle position reduction, boost dump, etc.). Since I'll be installing this aFe turbo and other "power adder" items this year, I've found a more local shop with a dyno, and have time scheduled there. This way, when I get those items installed, I'll at least have the same dyno for pre and post mod runs. And of course my own driving circuit with data logging, too.
Lol we agree on the dynos; there’s a mountain of evidence that Toby had and I. Surprised he hadn’t posted it because it would be so good for the community. I liked your goal post 😉
post #73 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Peehler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett67 View Post
If people really wanted to know about the revised springs, I can share my thoughts. I will not do it here though, would be an utter waste of my time [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Let's just say I am blown away and happy with the revised springs. If anyone wants more details, contact me. I will not post anything else about this here.
Thanks
Shoot me a PM or email. Also, Tell John to get me a better tune [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]. I'm all prepped for stage 2 at this point. Exhaust bits didn't add as much power as I would have liked (spool wise), but the intercooler definitely helps the car breathe more. I know for sure that'll make a big difference when running higher boost levels. Just frustrating to have all of the headway these mods have to offer without the aggressive tune to go with it!

I also need to sort out a legitimate catch can. My co-driver has one laying in his shop that was apparently a top quality catch can back in the day. I may want to hook that up since we found some oil in there. Should help make the tune safer as well without oil dilution.
Are you coming to the dragon? You can ask John yourself and try out stage 2 in my car. I’m dynoing it on the 24th and I’ll post results on the brokenfiatclub forum.
Brett67 and Mike34 like this.
post #74 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverosx View Post
Are you coming to the dragon? You can ask John yourself and try out stage 2 in my car. Iím dynoing it on the 24th and Iíll post results on the brokenfiatclub forum.
I will be there with my Stage 2 as well. Happy to give rides/drives to nice people
doverosx and Mike34 like this.

Heritage stripe; Recaro seats; Stage 1+ Tork Tune with WOT & pops & gurgles, LC; Multiair Spring Upgrade; Auto Ricambi Axle-back exhaust; GFB DV+; Forge adapter; st-xta-coil-over-assemblies; Eibach front & rear sway bars; Auto Ricambi strut top brace; Wilwood brakes; Enkei TS10 17X8; Nitto NT05 235/40R17's; Euro red trim; Vent mounted boost gauge;

post #75 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett67 View Post
I will be there with my Stage 2 as well. Happy to give rides/drives to nice people
I won't be making the drive out, unfortunately. Looking forward to Stage 2 being good to go on my own car though! Hopefully, within a month or two there will be something for me. Heck, even if I could get a "stage 2" that may or may not work, I can do some logging on the dyno to see if it's safe, if not pull it off.
Brett67 likes this.
post #76 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:09 AM

Garage
I wonder how this turbo compares to Tork's stuffed turbo, couldn't find any dyno info on that either. But from what it looked like, Tork's super stocker turbo only modifies the compressor side and compressor wheel.
Besides Tork's super stocker, I wonder how it compares to NGEN Gpop's 6 blade turbo upgrade with billet compressor and turbine wheels. But again, no dyno data. The only dyno data I could find was for their 11 blade billet GTX style wheel upgrade.

'17 124 Spider Abarth 6MT|GFB DV+|EC catch can|Madness Maxflow intake|SILA turbo blanket|SILA lightweight pulley|Madness Maxfire ignition coils|GWR System One exhaust w/ 2.5in crosspipe|Wilwood 12.19 cross drilled front BBK|GWR/Wilwood rear brake kit|GWR full underbody bracing|GWR rear tower brace| Cusco front tower brace|Progress f/r sway bars|Supermiata ACE sem-auto dampening coilovers|HRE C70 17x8.5
post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
I wonder how this turbo compares to Tork's stuffed turbo, couldn't find any dyno info on that either. But from what it looked like, Tork's super stocker turbo only modifies the compressor side and compressor wheel.
Besides Tork's super stocker, I wonder how it compares to NGEN Gpop's 6 blade turbo upgrade with billet compressor and turbine wheels. But again, no dyno data. The only dyno data I could find was for their 11 blade billet GTX style wheel upgrade.
A large part of that is probably supporting modifications. Dropping an aftermarket turbo in isn't exactly first on a reasonable to-do list for making the car faster. Normally, this would result in lag (making the curve look worse) and little power increase overall. Next, if the test car has a bunch of supporting mods on it, and then you put a turbo on and dyno before/after, how can you really know how much change the turbo was, by itself, the cause of?

-Travis
DM Racing USA
post #78 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
GPOP is the company that does the Eurocompulsion turbo upgrade. I would look to their results to see what those are capable of. Spoiler alert: about 20 whp.
post #79 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicharger665 View Post
GPOP is the company that does the Eurocompulsion turbo upgrade. I would look to their results to see what those are capable of. Spoiler alert: about 20 whp.
GPOP makes their own stuffed turbo and isn’t affiliated with the EC turbo.
EC hasn’t released their source for their stuffed turbo.
Last I heard was Tork abandoned their stuffed turbo option.
As for 20WHP the tunes are still in development and if they can get that +20WHP at redline it will actually be a 60+ gain over the stock turbo because of how drastically the stock turbo falls off at redline.

Last edited by Phillip33; 04-20-2019 at 10:45 AM.
post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip33 View Post
GPOP makes their own stuffed turbo and isnít affiliated with the EC turbo.
EC hasnít released their source for their stuffed turbo.
Last I heard was Tork abandoned their stuffed turbo option.
As for 20WHP the tunes are still in development and if they can get that +20WHP at redline it will actually be a 60+ gain over the stock turbo because of how drastically the stock turbo falls off at redline.
Dude, go to the EC website and look at the address you send the turbo to. Then put that address into Google maps. It is the SAME address at GPpop. Crazy, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page