Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Where is the tow eye located?

10K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  WMBL 
#1 ·
I looked in the trunk, looked in the manual. Nothing shows where the hook would be located. Getting the vehicle towed tomorrow out of my driveway and I need the hook. Thanks

#3 ·
Spot on Steve. I think that's the standard storage location for them. I too couldn't find mine when I first got my car, and at the dealership the tire inflation kit bag was what they pointed me to.

Reactions: jetlag
#6 ·
I checked for mine today, it is missing from the inflator bag. Is it a Mazda part? The front tow hook for the ND MX-5 is Tow Hook - Mazda (KD53-50-EJ1B) (the rear one is Tow Hook - Mazda (C237-50-EJ0 if anyone is interested)
Can anyone confirm if this is the right part to order? Much appreciated.

#9 ·
Usually some people carry a mini baseball bat, that might look illegal, so

Mine is under the seat, just in case I need to defend my self.:nerd:
Plus it's a car part.>:)>:)

Reactions: pikeman and jetlag
#10 ·
so my fiat should have a air compressor, tire kit, and tow hook. I don't think my used one came with it. could some one post a photo of where this should be sorry. (asperger's ) and I'm a visual person. thanks every one joey.

#11 ·
Well, it should have a tow hook, and a bag that includes a compressor and a can of sealant gunk.

Some of us have purchased after-market tire repair kits as well as a jack (that will kit into and screw into a slot in a cubby on the right hand side of your trunk), as an alternative to destorying a tire by filling it full of that can of goo. If you do a quick search here you'll find threads that talk about the jacks and where to source them, as well as various tire repair kits. The tire repair kit can also fit into one of the storage spaces behind the seats in the cabin as well. So a few options to consider. Because I get carried away sometimes, I also have a disposable tyvec overall tucked in their so if and when I do have to deal with a flat, I'll be clean to get back into the car when I'm done.

....and more importantly, welcome to the forum!

#13 ·
My car was delivered with them loose in the trunk. I'm trying to find a good home where they will be secure and easily reachable in an emergency.

#15 ·
My plain Jane 2017 Classica has the subwoofer hump, I think they all do, based on the Madness diamond quilted mats I bought which had a provision for the hump. Previous to them I had after market mats, also Madness, and they had a cutout for the bump.

#16 ·
Thank you for confirming that. Now the question becomes, do the Mazda cousins have the same hump in the passenger floor space?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.