Good dealer story. - Fiat 124 Spider Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Good dealer story.

I bought Cannoli a year ago used. 2017 Lusso. The car is grigio modo, but has an imperfection in paint of hood. A bronze mark about the size of a quarter under the clearcoat and under the paint. If you don't know it's there, you might not see it. I do. So, without much hope I presented it to my local FCA dealer (did not buy it here.). They presented it to FCA and voila, the hood is going to be repainted in May.
Mike34 and Aldo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 PM

My dealers service dept could not find my car today... took them over 1 hr and than they tell me they did not get around to doing the work....

"Bianca" '18 ABARTH Manual-Puro Bianco Perla, Vis, Nav, Comfort, Brembo
EC V4, GFB, PTP Blanket, Mishimoto Catch Can, Red Bits & Rim Blades, EC Pro Pedal, LED Lite Ugrades, Info Sys Tweaks, Sound Deading Tiles, AutoRicambi Axle back resonated exhaust

Prev-40th Ann RX-8, NA Miata, MR2, Saab 900 Convertible, 1982 Spider Turbo, Alfa Spider, VD Formula Ford, Citation F2000/Continental
Racer27-Northern NJ
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:46 AM

Garage
My purchase experience a month ago was excellent.

I had the 3M paint protection film applied to the car, but the film didn’t adhere well over the matte black areas. My salesman coordinated with the installer having the film removed, the dealer had a loaner car waiting, and the business office a check to refund me for removing part of the paint protection.

I would buy another Fiat from them if they had something else I wanted to drive.
jetlag and Goaterguy like this.

2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth

“It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.” —Jay Leno
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM

I went for an oil change and at the same time showed my service manager a rear molding was loose, he told me he had to replace the clips in back order and under warantee.
jetlag likes this.

124 RED SPIDER MANUAL STICK ABARTH. FORGE VALVE V4.1 Euro-drive-lite- RACE + map, NGEN Coils and PTP turbo thermal blanket, catch can and REMUS Axleback exhaust with Carbon Fiber tips.
My SCATOLETTA
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:14 PM

Garage
The first time I took my car in to the local Chrysler/Fiat dealer for an oil change (I bought the car out of State) the person checking me in looked at the car and said...and I quote, "What the heck kind of car is that anyway?"

LOL. I said, "It's a Fiat Spider...you sell them here."

I was there two hours because they could not figure out how to remove the oil filter.
Butterpants likes this.

2017 Spider Abarth, 6-Speed Manual, Grigio Argento Aluminum w/Heritage Stripe

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:05 PM

I bought my 124 from a dealer that sells Fiats, along with Alfa and Maserati. I would never go to a Chrysler dealership. There are plenty of good, reputable oil change places out there.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatmidway124 View Post
I bought my 124 from a dealer that sells Fiats, along with Alfa and Maserati. I would never go to a Chrysler dealership. There are plenty of good, reputable oil change places out there.
X2 Only go to a specialized Fiat dealership. When the company throws Fiat products into the mix with Chrysler dealerships, that's when Fiat gets the poor reputation !! Sad, but I don't think the company realizes that fact.
Butterpants likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911tex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatmidway124 View Post
X2 Only go to a specialized Fiat dealership. When the company throws Fiat products into the mix with Chrysler dealerships, that's when Fiat gets the poor reputation !! Sad, but I don't think the company realizes that fact.
More likely they don’t care. Those of us in the central Texas area are lucky in that the owner of Fiat/Alfa Romeo of Austin is an Italian car fan. When I brought Pearl in for the transmission recall, there was a Ferrari in one of the lanes at the service dept. I jokingly asked if it was part of their loaner fleet and my service advisor told me it belonged to Nyle Maxwell, owner of the dealership. Hopefully at least this Fiat/Alfa studio will be around going forward.

"Pearl" 2017 124 Spider Abarth AT Bianco Perla; AA/CarPlay; AIO tweaks; Eurospec Abarth Engine Cover, Red Bits & Side Badges; Eurospec "Officine Abarth" Floor Mat Badges; Bright Dead Pedal; Destructo/Murat Abarth Steering Wheel Badge v.2; Record Monza Exhaust; Wilwood Dynalite 4-piston Big Brake Kit; Cravenspeed Red Door Bushings.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
That's probably not an option for many of us. I'm 100 miles away from an actual Fiat/Alfa dealership that isn't just a Dodge dealership that also sells Fiat.

2017 Spider Abarth, 6-Speed Manual, Grigio Argento Aluminum w/Heritage Stripe

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
My Fiat purchase experience exceeded any Jeep or Dodge experience I had in recent memory, but I’m pretty sure that “poor reputation” you are referring to is Fiat’s own making, and preceded its return to North America by many years.

2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth

“It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.” —Jay Leno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fiat 124 Spider Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page