Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought some of you guys who like myself, collect model cars and may fancy a good deal would be interested with this one.........1/18 scale BBR models 124 Spider, looks to be in a Lusso Plus trim and RED, up for sale at a Special Price (30% discount).
Usually 230 euros now 157.33 offer, which in real money is £150.06 with postage.
Mondo Model Cars...Italy I have bought from over many years now with no problems, my usual scale is 1/43 rd preferred but for some reason....Today, I couldn't resist.....BBR are REALLY DETAILED models for those who do not know and I have no idea how many they have left (it didn't say) Cheers
ron
Oh...last photos are of an old banger passing my place a couple of times...... IMG_0179.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0176.JPG

Just got this up from the BBR site....26 models left of 124 made...Cheers

·
Registered
844 Posts
Cheers Ron, only 25 left now ;)

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
"this guy" is still selling them on eBay. These are the ones that Frankmar and I made an offer of a $100 for and the seller accepted. So even his full ask is the equivalent of £90, which is pretty decent. Just another option for those that are still wanting a 1/18 scale model and are budget conscious. Only available in red with the heritage stripe though, and the price includes free global shipping. This is the link to that item: red version of Spider Or, if you want a white version of the model, thre's this seller that lists them for £98 plus £12 shipping. white version of Spider

Alas, if they only made a version in black. :-( BBr's catalogue showed a black version with the "red bits" but it didn't make it to production. So, I bought a red one and painted the body gloss black and am in the process of modding the car to be as close as possible to my own vehicle. I likley could have done a much better job when I was younger and had far better eyesight, but it's coming along okay.

Congrats on laying hands on them guys. They're a really great (quality) model with lots of detail.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Calvin I would offer $115. US but at the end he will compromise for $120.00 US shipping included.
The car was well packed and got it in less of 14 days. I, FRANKMAR, approve of this seller.
I am sounding like a politician. LOL

Washed the car last night before the hockey game, today 34c and taking LA ROSSA for a ride
Need to go to HOMEDEPOT and bargain for a Wine Cooler, my old one compressor caput on me.
Need to drink my RED home made VINO at perfect temperature if I want to drink an extra glass.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Calvin I would offer $115. US but at the end he will compromise for $120.00 US shipping included.
The car was well packed and got it in less of 14 days. I, FRANKMAR, approve of this seller.
I am sounding like a politician. LOL
Yes, I fully agree. After you told me (over a year ago), I made an offer that he accepted. So the price is definately right, and the seller is flexible.

Enjoy that red wine. Temps on my backyard weather station hit 39 C on Thursday, but only got to 37 C yesterday. Warm. Very warm. But instead of red, I'm leaning towards some Pinot Grigio today. :)

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso
77 Posts
The pictures of the model look very realistic

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thought some of you guys who like myself, collect model cars and may fancy a good deal would be interested with this one.........1/18 scale BBR models 124 Spider, looks to be in a Lusso Plus trim and RED, up for sale at a Special Price (30% discount).
Usually 230 euros now 157.33 offer, which in real money is £150.06 with postage.
Mondo Model Cars...Italy I have bought from over many years now with no problems, my usual scale is 1/43 rd preferred but for some reason....Today, I couldn't resist.....BBR are REALLY DETAILED models for those who do not know and I have no idea how many they have left (it didn't say) Cheers
ron
Oh...last photos are of an old banger passing my place a couple of times...... View attachment 85353 View attachment 85354 View attachment 85355 View attachment 85356

Just got this up from the BBR site....26 models left of 124 made...Cheers
Hey, Ron, you really need to stop that guy and ask him to take an alternate route; he's bringing down your property value!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Top Speed models are Abarth only in red or black whereas the BBR is the Fiat version, so I only need to worry about caring for the paint, not the heritage stripe too ;)

Reactions: LawsonGibbles

·
Registered
242 Posts
Top Speed models are Abarth only in red or black whereas the BBR is the Fiat version, so I only need to worry about caring for the paint, not the heritage stripe too ;)
I have a Top Speed white abarth. Nice product IMHO.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I’ve always toyed with the idea of getting a red top speed model and painting it portogallo grey. Not sure I could be arsed though. I think I might just get a white one for my office. I prefer the white because the red/black seats remind me of my setup.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the same issue.

I already have a 1/24 model white Barth with heritage stripe and thanks to Ron, another one 1/18 on the way.

I am thinking of leaving them as is

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you get them wrapped? ;-)
Hi...That's a decent question..Can You ? Heat and thin plastic, warping, melting, getting the wrap off again...?
Expert Wrappers ( NOT Rappers)...we await. I also wonder how I can get my steering wheel linkage and dash over to the correct side, but that's another story...Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
You "can" paint them, but it's finicky work, and you do have to prep the body before you can apply model paint to it, otherwise it doesn't cover well. The attached photo is my work in progress where I'm transforming one of the TopSpeed 1:18 models to look the same as my vehicle. Lot's of masking, and a few light coats of a Tamiya gloss black spray paint. Red bits done by brush using another Tamiya red that closely resemebles the red used on our vehicles. Lot's of details left to add now, including replacing the Abarth fender badging above the front turn indicators. The floor and wall are made from knock-off Chinese LEGO bricks, and intended to mimic the inside of my garage. The gaps in the wall will disappear when I use a small rubber mallet to knock them down to tighten them. Now.... how do I create my illuminated Abarth garage sign for the wall? lol

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You "can" paint them, but it's finicky work, and you do have to prep the body before you can apply model paint to it, otherwise it doesn't cover well. The attached photo is my work in progress where I'm transforming one of the TopSpeed 1:18 models to look the same as my vehicle. Lot's of masking, and a few light coats of a Tamiya gloss black spray paint. Red bits done by brush using another Tamiya red that closely resemebles the red used on our vehicles. Lot's of details left to add now, including replacing the Abarth fender badging above the front turn indicators. The floor and wall are made from knock-off Chinese LEGO bricks, and intended to mimic the inside of my garage. The gaps in the wall will disappear when I use a small rubber mallet to knock them down to tighten them. Now.... how do I create my illuminated Abarth garage sign for the wall? lol
View attachment 85457
that looks like a shrine to me. Where is the incense?

Reactions: CDPond
1 - 16 of 16 Posts