Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still LOVING my rocket! No issues at all. My MPG is still increasing as my foot gets better educated. The only minor complaints I have is I'm still waiting for my brochure (!) from the dealer, and for some odd reason, I was missing a lug nut (which cost me 15 bucks!). I probably could have gone to Walbarn or somewhere, but knowing the way things turn out, there's probably a couple dozen sizes. When I tried to tighten it, I realized I didn't have any socket that would fit in my set. Had to use a d**** pair of pliers.

·
Registered
534 Posts
for some odd reason, I was missing a lug nut (which cost me 15 bucks!).
Surprising that your dealer wouldn't cover something like that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They might have, but I bought it about 75 miles away and I decided not to bother them with it, and doubted if it'd been kosher to go by the local dealer about the issue.

·
Registered
480 Posts
as far as the proper size for the lug nut goes, my advice would be for you to go to your local auto parts store and purchase a four way lug wrench. if your car was like mine, there was no tire iron or jack included. the actual size for the lug nut is 21mm, but with a four way the tolerances are looser and the 13/16 will usually work as well. if you go on e-bay you can order a jack set from a miata from a dismantler or even new and you are going to be good to go. the miata kits usually come with the hold down bolt as well and will bolt into the storage frame located on the passenger side of the trunk behind the pop out carpet panel. it would appear these cars are also the victim of gram wars to make them lighter getting better mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts