·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
Too many ads on MSN, can't get through the article itself, but it's no surprise that the 124 Spider Abarth has a faster lap time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think they're very close together. I've seen many youtube videos that test it and have the Miata ahead by very little, likewise, I've seen many other videos that show the Abarth ahead.

My take is that it will be up to personal preference and how well someone knows the car.

I don't know if any of you have done any lapping - I haven't - but just with my experience as a driver (over 30 years) and judging by the way the car handles and accelerates, it's not the easiest car to squeeze the best time out of.

Short shifting is a must for example as I find the engine runs out of steam past 5500RPM so taking it to the redline just slows you down at best and at worst you'll hit the limiter (which is quite low compared to some other cars) and lose time.

Skidding the car around in drift also will slow you down - is it fun? **** yeah! Is it quick on a track? Jeeez no...

The little engine loves to be kept between 2800~5500 RPM but someone just picking up the car and track driving it for the first time won't immediately know that.

I still like our 124s better than any Miata past or present. Looks better. Attracts more attention. Is more exclusive. Next time you're out and about count the number of people trying to figure out what those badges are.

The Mazda badge? Everyone knows that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts