Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tempted to get the Mopar (82215193) front bumper protection film for my coming Abarth. Anybody have experience with Mopar protective films in general? Good quality product?

I know there's a bumper kit available from XPEL, but if I'll be able to finance the Mopar kit with the car.

Registered
I ordered Invisable Mask self healing for the bumper, then I will add the vinyl wrap on top of it. I have been doing my own mask on cars for years. But honestly there is a learning curve. I have never done vinyl but it seems like it will be easy compared to clear mask application.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I plan to make the bumper film kit and black vinyl wraps installed by a relative who works in car detailing business. I'll call my salesman the get the kit price without installation.

Registered
If you're relative works in the detailing industry and does vinyl wrapping can't he get it for cheaper at a cost price or something??

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
If you're relative works in the detailing industry and does vinyl wrapping can't he get it for cheaper at a cost price or something??
Cheaper labor for sure and saves taxes. For the material I don't know. In fact he's still not aware I ordered a new Abarth, he's on vacation @Cuba right now. You can bet I'll talk to him as soon he get back next week !

Registered
I know there's a bumper kit available from XPEL, but if I'll be able to finance the Mopar kit with the car.
Got a quote from the nearest XPEL installer in my area (about 140 miles away).
Partial Coverage - Hood, Fender and Mirror Kit - $325
Full Coverage - Hood, Fender and Mirror Kit - $975
Bumper Kit - $625
Headlamp Kit - $100

So, for what I was looking at (since I've already gotten a rock ding mid hood) would be around $1600 for the install... I guess that's not to bad.

Registered
I ordered Invisable Mask self healing for the bumper, then I will add the vinyl wrap on top of it. I have been doing my own mask on cars for years. But honestly there is a learning curve. I have never done vinyl but it seems like it will be easy compared to clear mask application.
I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Finally done the transparent film wrap protection today. The product was LLumar auto-healing film protector.

http://www.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/car-paint-protection-film

My relative is a pro installer, he did the front bumper, full side skirts / rocker panels, front red lip spoiler, lower rear bumper area (behind the wheels) and lower door edges. Very happy with the result and the price paid was 490$CDN all-in. He did a special price for me and also saved GST/ QC PST taxes...

Tomorrow is the heritage black wrap on the hood and trunk panel from another installer.

Registered
Bumping this to see if more folks have gotten a clear protection film for their Spider. I'm concerned enough about the number of chips I've found in the four months I've had the car to consider having a film put on the front bumper and full or partial hood.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Vitro plus said he can do my front bumper for 325. under the table.
they use Diamond gloss.

www.vitroplus.com/car-detailing/81-paint-protection-diamond-gloss.html
That product seems more of a sealant than a Nano treatment.

That guy did my entire car (less black heritage wrap) with Silver Wax Nano1 for 260$ all in. Don't know if Silver Wax Nano1 is better than Diamond Gloss but I would continue searching around for better price.
https://www.facebook.com/LaveAutoBeauport/posts/1876633315937304

If not Silverwax look for a product called Nano Ceramic protect 9H. It has good reputation.
http://www.nanoceramicprotect.com/products/ceramic-paint-protection-nano-ceramic-protect-hard-9h/

Also Nano treatment doesn't protect paint as good as film against rock chip, but you can apply both.

Registered
That product seems more of a sealant than a Nano treatment.

That guy did my entire car (less black heritage wrap) with Silver Wax Nano1 for 260$ all in. Don't know if Silver Wax Nano1 is better than Diamond Gloss but I would continue searching around for better price.
https://www.facebook.com/LaveAutoBeauport/posts/1876633315937304

If not Silverwax look for a product called Nano Ceramic protect 9H. It has good reputation.
http://www.nanoceramicprotect.com/products/ceramic-paint-protection-nano-ceramic-protect-hard-9h/

Also Nano treatment doesn't protect paint as good as film against rock chip, but you can apply both.

Sorry I got the wrong link.
https://www.vitroplus.com/car-detailing/124-paint-protection-film.html
PAINT PROTECTION FILM
INVISIBLE AND EFFECTIVE!

Winter weather and road conditions cause premature wear to your vehicle and sometimes cause irreparable damage to the paint.

Every day, many parts of your vehicle are exposed to all kinds of projectiles, especially at the front of the vehicle. Stones, salt, calcium, sand, and even insects can cause damage that will become a source of corrosion.

OUR PAINT PROTECTION FILM PROVIDES EXCELLENT PROTECTION
It is designed and cut by computer and is applied to each vehicle model to completely cover its vulnerable parts.
It acts as a shield, protecting the paint against chipping. It is installed at strategic locations on the vehicle such as the front bumper, hood, mirrors, fenders, wheel arches, and trunk ledge.
The film is transparent and adheres to vehicle paint without affecting the appearance or paint colour.
It protects against stone chips.
It protects paint against bug residue, UV rays and chemicals in addition to being resistant to extreme heat.
It also protects the paint against brush marks caused by parallel parking or by loading or unloading objects that brush against the trunk ledge.
It is installed by our highly qualified technicians.
Our film is extremely flexible, it remains in place, and it can be removed cleanly without leaving any residue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts