Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are two headlight versions ('halo' and 'non halo') for the 124 and it's not clear whether they are for different markets or for halogens and LEDs.
I have a non LED headlights and considering changing halogen bulbs to LEDs but if the headlights are actually different will I 'see' any benefit?
Do all LEDs optioned cars have the 'halo' lens arrangement?

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, my UK spec anniversary is 'halo' and LED.
Danny

·
Registered
615 Posts
The left hand picture is the LED light, with the right hand picture being the halogen unit. I believe both are available in all markets, where the halogen is the standard fitment and the LED the extra cost option (referred to in some markets as the Visibility Pack).

To answer your final question, yes.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
The left hand picture is the LED light, with the right hand picture being the halogen unit. I believe both are available in all markets, where the halogen is the standard fitment and the LED the extra cost option (referred to in some markets as the Visibility Pack).

To answer your final question, yes.
I don't think I've seen a non-halo one in Australia yet. But I've only seen about seven 124s so far and three of them were on the floor of a dealership.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't think I've seen a non-halo one in Australia yet. But I've only seen about seven 124s so far and three of them were on the floor of a dealership.
There are a number up here in Sydney, including my own. I had the choice between the two, but prefer the look of the halogen unit so pocketed the $2,499 they were asking for the LEDs. Admittedly that price also included a whole bunch of other stuff I wasn't interested in like reverse sensors and blind spot monitoring.

Australian cars don't have the amber reflector.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I haven't had a car with halogen lights since 2000 and I just can't go back from Xenons / LEDs. I must admit that the blindspot monitoring is nice and works well though. Great when you are hood up.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
LED to my own surprise one of the nicest features of this spider. Expensive though.
Not all you get with the Visibility Package though. I think it's worth ticking that box.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OPT7 LED bulbs are really good and highly rated as well!
Stewie, Have them on my Spider almost 4 months, work flawlessly!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not all you get with the Visibility Package though. I think it's worth ticking that box.
I dont think the Visibility Group package made it to production, at least for MY17. I specifically ordered mine with it, and havent seen anything supporting that as an option, such as on the build website or through dealers. We'll see in the future, I suppose

·
Registered
255 Posts
I dont think the Visibility Group package made it to production, at least for MY17. I specifically ordered mine with it, and havent seen anything supporting that as an option, such as on the build website or through dealers. We'll see in the future, I suppose
I think that we didn't get the option to do just the Visibility in the US, I believe they have the choice in Australia. Not sure about elsewhere.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think that we didn't get the option to do just the Visibility in the US, I believe they have the choice in Australia. Not sure about elsewhere.
I ordered the Abarth "Luxury" package and the LED headlights and LED running lights were included. I haven't seen a "Visibility" package in the US material I've sourced for the Abarth. Maybe it is available on the Classica or Lusso as an option. The lighting on the Abarth is great, I agree.

·
Registered
476 Posts
LED to my own surprise one of the nicest features of this spider. Expensive though.
I had not thought my previous car or my other half's cars were sub par but after spending a bit of time with the LED bulbs and then driving the other car i was shocked how much better the LED are.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts