Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am wanting to lower my Abarth 124 Spider!

I thought about going for the Eibach Proline springs (£120) however I have been recommended the H&R Lowering Springs (£250).

There is quite a big difference in price, so I guess this reflects the quality?

Does anyone have any experience with these springs, or any other lowering springs?

Any feedback is really appreciated!

Thanks,

Bertie

·
Registered
449 Posts
Eibach and H&R do have the same quality.
My experience with both over the years is, that H&R is always a litte bit stiffer more sporty than Eibach ProKit.

The look isn´t the same. EibachProKit (real about -30/20) H&R -30mm

Unfortunately I haven´t seen a 124Spider with Eibach ProKit, but here is the red EC Spider with H&R

I think the Koni sports shock absorbers to install and still search springs with which the EU 124Spider then comes about 2cm (0,8") deeper.

EDIT:
It may be that the black G-Tech Abarth has installed the EibachPro.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mybe Greg (EC) and Brian (GWR) can measure the height between wheel center and fender with their springs or just with dampers (Koni)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Honestly, there a many positive reviews of springs in the miata community (miata.net) The MX5 ND has the same platform. Eibach and H&R work perfect with the bilstein dampers - and both manufacturer use the same springs for the Mazda and the Fiat.
If your car has the standard Tokico, you should move to KoniSport with springs of your choice.
Lowering springs and OE dampers, are always a bad compromise.

Eibach ProKit USA:
front: 33 N/mm (188 lbs/in)
rear: 18 N/mm (103 lbs/in)

·
Registered
615 Posts
...and both manufacturer use the same springs for the Mazda and the Fiat.
I'm not so sure, but one thing I do know is the Abarth's springs differ from the Fiat's. The Abarth's front spring rates are 1 percent stiffer, rear spring rates are 14 percent stiffer, and with that change the rear anti-roll bar is softened by about 7 percent.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Just finished my H&R lowering spring installation. Final numbers were quite impressive. Front height from wheel well arch lip to center of wheel 12.75" both sides...rear height from wheel well arch to center of wheel 13.125 both sides. That's a drop of 1.75" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. I will post pics as soon as I get some good ones. My car could have been a little higher from the factory causing a more substantial drop than expected.:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking forward to seeing photos - my H&R springs are being delivered on tuesday!

·
Registered
449 Posts
It´s not my Abarth but in Europe most customers use Eibach ProSpacer or H&R Track+

I have just bought 30mm Eibach ProSpacers for our F124Spider.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry - EU Abarth with f30/r40mm Spacers and Eibach Sportline -45/35mm
That looks pretty darn ideal. Just have to keep in mind offset if I were to change rims on it. But, for a sorta oem plus look, it's great. Thanks for the picture! Looks like it's just high enough that you don't have to worry too much about scraping, once your mindful of speed bumps and coming out of larger sloped driveways

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
We're not allowed to use spacers in Aus. They are illegal :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts