Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
32.0 mpg average, a mix of city and highway driving, in my Lusso, with an automatic and about 2010 miles.

·
Registered
958 Posts
On my trip from San Antonio to Albuquerque (700 miles) I got 35.2, running 75 mph with A/C most of the way.

I used to really love Texas highways, but the thrill is now gone. They are now some of the roughest roads in the country. Only I-10 through western Louisiana is worse than those between Junction and Texico, Texas. Once out of Clovis, New Mexico, my nerves calmed. I'm thinking of keeping to the interstates on my next trip to San Antonio, even though it's a hundred miles longer.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
I am getting just north of 35mpg at highway speeds around 75mph. Mileage in the city suffers though with a lot of hot rodding, but still in the low 20s in the worst cases.

Greg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Now right over 1700 miles, mostly highway 29.4 miles to the gallon.
Right over 2000 miles, mostly highway 29.6 miles to the gallon average.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The wife and I took the Lusso from Albuquerque to Taos, by way to Espanola. Our return trip was through the mountains on 518 to Las Vegas (New Mexico) and then south on I25. We got 36.7 mpg, which was a bit of surprise considering all of the elevation changes and switchback turns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lusso Stick, Mostly city miles... and I don't drive it easy, 1/2 of the time... averaging 25mpg.. TONS better than my 14mpg Mustang GT it replaced.. and THIS Car is 10x More FUN !!!.. =)

Can't WAIT to take it on a long Highway trip on Cruise Control !!

Reactions: kpoling

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my Prima Edizione Lusso (AT) in Ontario, Ca, drove to San Clemente then home to Sacramento... 510 miles on the odometer on arrival. Avg MPG 36.1. That's averaging about 20 mph from Ontario to San Clemente (boo, LA traffic!), then avg 75mph from San Clemente to Sacto hitting 100mph once, and driving over Grapevine hill. I'm jazzed!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just cleared 950 mls and mpg edging up to 39.7 (UK). Very pleased especially as I haven't been trying to improve it and last three miles to our house is along typical Welsh B roads!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just cleared 950 mls and mpg edging up to 39.7 (UK). Very pleased especially as I haven't been trying to improve it and last three miles to our house is along typical Welsh B roads!

what has you driving habits been like so far and what sort of things have you been doing in the cabin? AC running, radio, charging phone, etc.

it's just that there's so many things that factor into the mileage someone gets, just trying to get a clearer picture.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Autumn here in UK so A/C only really for demisting, so mainly off, radio typically on and rarely charge phone. Early starts require full headlights and rear demister in mornings on way to work. Noticed mpg just edged up to 39.8 after nice 40 mile blast up the valley and back collecting youngest daughter.
Not been holding high revs too long in low gear as still fairly new and old enough to remember 'running-in' procedures!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone notice a difference when you put on non-summer tires?

I was averaging 32 mpg (US), mostly city. Then when I swapped them for winter tires, the mpg shot up to almost 40! In city!

Wonder if it's due to the stickiness of the summer tires?

I drive a manual Classica.

·
Registered
284 Posts
first tank, mostly freeway and got 30. So far on 2nd tank still averaging around 30. Hope my numbers drift up like the rest here.

21 - 40 of 152 Posts