Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hoping to do better with MPG

I have had my Abarth for two days and I have a total of 30 total miles and 23 mpg. On one trip to the grocery, I averaged 9 MPG!

I am having fun though!>:)

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!

Regards,

Jeff

Reactions: evilspider

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I haven't gone over 1k km so it's a blend of city and highway. total 471km/1.6=294.38mi with 89 octane and filled it 10 us gal. Conclusion I did 29.44 mi to the gal.

Highway around 70 mph and in the city the stop and go. Mind weather has been in 15 -20 c

·
Registered
82 Posts
43.4 averaged over the last 12,000 miles with a best single journey of 50.2.

Manual, Imperial (UK) gallons, mostly highway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got to take my first actual "road trip" yesterday to pick my son up in Dallas after he sold his Mustang. Overall MPG was 32.6 by the app I use to track maintenance/fuel with. The last MPG is lower because I drove around today and tanked up since we are planning a trip tomorrow out of town for a Memorial Day celebration.
By the gauge my best was 46.6MPG according to the car when I was stuck doing around 55MPH. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Impressed with Jim Spackman's numbers.

Like many of you, I'm finding that the consumption improves as the engine loosens up - though getting used to the car may have something to do with it.

However I have yet to top 40 - consistently 39.7 recently, which in American is 33. Mixed, mostly slightly hilly and twisty, no motorway, 65-70mph.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Impressed with Jim Spackman's numbers.

Like many of you, I'm finding that the consumption improves as the engine loosens up - though getting used to the car may have something to do with it.

However I have yet to top 40 - consistently 39.7 recently, which in American is 33. Mixed, mostly slightly hilly and twisty, no motorway, 65-70mph.
Weirdly, mine has dropped when it loosened up. It hit an average of 43.8 from the word "go" and nearly 14,000 miles later it shows 43.3 now. May be down to the fact that I bought it in October so drove it through a very wet winter a little more (ahem) "carefully" than I do now with the roof down and the sun shining...

If you Google my morning 45 mile drive Cardiff CF5 1.. to Clevedon BS21 6.. (and back again in the evening) you'll get an idea of the sort of driving mine does mostly. I do 75-80 mph where it's possible but unlike the Audi driving photocopier salesmen I avoid tailgating and the sort of "brakes on and off all the time" behaviour that messes up the fuel economy.

My old petrol Punto did 55 mpg average driving the same way and the "dinosaur" Alfa 75 about 38 when I commuted in that.

I did actually brim fill check the economy of 75 on a single lap of the Nurburgring once just for a laugh.

6 miles to the gallon.

It was between 5 and 7 thousand rpm most of the time though.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
After installing the EDL, and off course did some heavy acceleration. Mix highway and city. I had 168km and filled her 12L. giving 14 km a liter. which results into 32.81 MPG US. The car has 1600km which is 1000 miles. Still needs some break in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drove home

Picked up my automatic Abarth and drove it from Nashville to Little Rock and averaged 39.7. Average speed 75 mph. The next 500nmiles of mixed driving have been 34.3.

·
Registered
126 Posts
300 miles so for got the car 4 days ago average 15mpg the first 3 days reset it this morning im at 35 mpg on my way to work

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hmm. I must be the only person who doesn't get stellar fuel mileage. Last I checked, I was averaging 23mpg at best.

Perhaps it is because I don't commute to work and I live at the bottom of a mountain road. There is also a small town on the other side of that mountain road about 80 miles away that makes a great lunch spot. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
Today's run reported 28.7MPG. It was a mix of short freeway and some stop and go. No congestion! I'd say it was 40 minutes of driving. 25 miles.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
On a 50/50 city/highway 393km filled her with 27 liters 14.55 km to the liter.

That would be 34.11 miles to the US gallon.

Oh yes did some sprinting. With 2500 km, it is getting better and better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess I am the minority here... I get 22.4 mpg. Best I have is close to 23 which was 22.8 mpg. Mostly street driven with few freeways and had already put about 1k miles on the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Think I need to bring a camera to work so I can prove this...

Today's run into work (45 miles) at an average of 55.5 mpg (that's British gallons though).

What an impressive little car!

·
Registered
130 Posts
My auto Lusso has 2,200+ miles on it & my avg., according to the dashboard readout, is 24 mpg. Now I'm not driving 55 on the highway, closer to 65-70 so maybe that's why my numbers are much less than others posted here. Lately, I've been doing more street miles than highway miles but the mpg hasn't changed.

·
Registered
560 Posts
12,800 miles. Lusso auto. At highway speeds (70-80 mph) on long drives I get about 37 mpg. In town about 24.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Best MPG yet

Manual Abarth
7000 miles
On road trip Italy
Just completed 1200 miles in 2 days last weekend
39.9 mpg on the read out - seems fair to me

·
Registered
248 Posts
So, I drive my Abarth around town semi-aggressively. 27 MPG average according to the computer.

Lusso track car... well... um... 17MPG. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

81 - 100 of 152 Posts