Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the 124 Red Emblem onto the front grill (tow hook cover). However, the cover seems very easy to take off and I am worried it is going to fall off while driving.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I installed the 124 Red Emblem onto the front grill (tow hook cover). However, the cover seems very easy to take off and I am worried it is going to fall off while driving.
I felt the same about mine too. As long as it is flush all around in its "hole" It'll be fine. Mine has been in for 2500 miles...still there....

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Based on my experience so far, I think it well-attached.
IMO it's more likely to be plucked off the car by some souvenir collector. Like the as***le who stole the Nardi shift knob out of my 2000 Miata SE.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mine has been on for 10K plus miles. Assuming you prepared the plastic per the instructions you should be good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The emblem itself is securely in. It's the entire cover assembly I was worried about - I can take it easily off by hand.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, for that matter my grill is still in place as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The emblem itself is securely in. It's the entire cover assembly I was worried about - I can take it easily off by hand.
Can you tell me how it comes off that easy, as I have replacement badges and need the upper grill off to get to the fixing nut.
I've looked and it seems fixed solid

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just referring to the tow cover assembly not the entire grill cover. But it's been over 2000 km and it's still there so I guess it's ok.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do any of our vendors sell the 124 Red Emblem ? I can't seem to find em. At least no one seems to have em in stock. The one that goes on the front grill.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I ordered mine on eBay.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've seen these in pictures of people's cars. Are they aftermarket?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mopar parts, that sounds sort of strange. I grew up knowing that Mopar originally meant MoPar or short for Motor Parts.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good question. I fitted it to the driver’s side. It’s slightly convex (curves outward) to follow the curve of the solid plastic of the toe hook cover. I don’t know if that curve is the same on both sides or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts