Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiat has made a limited edition 124 Spider to bring to Geneva and it's called the "124 Spider Europa"

There really doesn't seem like much done to it though.

17" four-spoke alloy wheels
Passione Red
Silver side mirror caps
124 logo on the front grille
Black leather seats
Numbered plaque
7-Inch infotainment system with nav and USB
Premium bose hi-fi 9 speakers
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Cruise control
Keyless entry
Reverse Cam
Full LED headlights with cornering function
138hp and 177lb-ft of torque.

No mention of production numbers and how much they'll be

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/fiat-124-spider-europa-celebrates.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
Saw that coming lol.

There was an interesting post on Abarth's facebook page yesterday, hinting at a special new release at Geneva. 124 Spider Coupe hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
So.....they'Ve stuck some very ugly wheels on a 124 and given it a badge. Attaboy Fiat!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Agree, the wheels are just ghastly. With the exception of the numbered plaque, everything else is Mopar catalogue parts bin. Hardly a "limited edition". They could have at least offered a unique paint.

·
Vendor
3,658 Posts
I think the car looks pretty good.

My issue is that I don't think this is the right direction for this car, we don't need a 124 with a few styling gimmicks and a higher price tag, at least not the way I see it.

Those wheels are a modern interpretation of the Cromadora 4 spokes that were popular on racing 124s back in the old days. I didn't really like them then, and I am not crazy about them now, but I understand the attempt at retro styling. The problem is that few people remember those old style wheels, so the retro effect is sort of lost.

Greg

·
Registered
165 Posts
The car looks pretty good because of that color; it looks close to "Alfa Rosso." Otherwise the four spokes are reminiscent of old steel wheel overlays.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Love the red! Wouldn't mind if the wheels were stolen.

Steve.

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
115 Posts
The retro wheels are cool; can see the look they are after. Not my thing but they are cool.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
The retro wheels are cool; can see the look they are after. Not my thing but they are cool.
They don't look a good as the wheels they are "doing a modern take on". And they were far from the nicest wheels on the old 124 anyway.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I think the problem with the new wheels is the proportionally larger wheel for the lower profile, and likely larger overall diameter tires. The new wheels look cartoonish. The same look of the old, smaller wheels looks fine.

Steve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts