Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We shouldn’t expect any performance upgrades so soon after the 124 Spider’s introduction, but Fiat will be making some small changes for 2018.

The 124 Spider will still be offered in three trims: Classica, Lusso, and Abarth. But what’s new for next year is how the Lusso and Abarth models are packaged. Some owners and enthusiasts wanted certain colors, transmissions, and features that just wasn’t offered by Fiat. This has been “reconfigured for added flexibility, allowing customers to select the exact options they desire”.

Another update is the addition of three new paint colors: Puro Bianco Perla (Tri-Coat White Pearl), Grigio Chiaro (Silver Metallic) and Blu Scuro (Dark Blue Metallic). Of course, the five original paint offerings are still available to buyers as are the three leather upholstery options.

What’s not mentioned in Fiat’s official 124 Spider overview is the new Red Top Edition of the Lusso. To be released for 2018, AutoGuide reports that the special edition won’t appear until next spring.

Other than that, most things will remain unchanged including the entry model’s $25,990 price tag and the 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four-cylinder engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We ordered the BluScuro with a camel interior expecting delivery in 10 months. Two weeks later we had our choice of a Blu Scuro Abarth or Lusso. We opted for the Lusso with the camel interior and drove it home 3 weeks ago! Loving it so far, but winter is here, so it will be under cover til spring arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I feel your pain...

We ordered the BluScuro with a camel interior expecting delivery in 10 months. Two weeks later we had our choice of a Blu Scuro Abarth or Lusso. We opted for the Lusso with the camel interior and drove it home 3 weeks ago! Loving it so far, but winter is here, so it will be under cover til spring arrives.
Lord, this brings back memories. I waited six months for mine to arrive in Calgary, and when it did show up, it was January. So I waited for a day that had decent road conditions, drove it home, parked it in the garage... and there it sat until May. Mine, like yours, never sees snow, ice or salt... and the winter kills me. I'll make a guilty confession. Once a month, I go out and start it up and run it for a few minutes. My cover story is that I'm doing it to keep all the hoses moistened and get the oil moving around the engine a little bit; but the reality is, it's also a chance to hear her sing to me and remember what it will be like when we get out on the open road come spring. ;)

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,200 Posts
This is why I love Phoenix so much. Its awesome driving weather 10 months out of the year and 2 months of extreme heat but its still fun to drive in with the A/C blasting! I could never park AngelVixn for months on end!

·
Registered
74 Posts
But it's a *dry* heat. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts