Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The screen and dash trim part is for a 2014-2016 Mazda 3. (BHP1611J0D). To fit the Spider you will have to swap your own dash trim part (the screen is the same). Note the screen has a little bit across the top that looks like the glue isn't holding, but when its turned on you can't see it without looking hard. It actually looks worse in the pictures than when its on. You should be able to zoom in and see what I mean. You can always use your own if you are buying this pair for the CMU like I did.

The CMU is compatible with Mazda and Fiat 124 Spiders (BJS7669C0K).

I bought this a few weeks ago to troubleshoot my own 124 that I couldn't figure out why when installing a new firmware I lost my AIO tweaks that are possible with this CMU. Comes to find out I had a bad USB stick. I was able to get my original CMU and this CMU upgraded with tweaks installed with the new USB stick. It has firmware 59.00.502 NA N installed with ID7 fix as well as some tweaks, like Speedometer, Headunit for Android Auto, AIO Tweaks. You of course can install your own tweaks.

The reason I chose 59.00.502 is because I originally was going to do the Android Auto retrofit kit. One thing that isn't published well is that Android Auto touchscreen does not work (Carplay works fine). So I downgraded to 59.00.502 and installed AA Tru_go 1.14b Headunit for Android Auto to use instead as the touchscreen works.

Message me with any questions
$299 to the 48 states. We can discuss shipping to anywhere else.

Search for the title on eBay and you can see more pics.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
214 Posts
Hey Jeffrey,
Thanks for circling back.
I’ll take it!
I do have a couple of ?? I hope you can help me with I have the upgraded usb hub ready to install
Will it work with CarPlay tuning 59.00.532 or do I have to bring it up to 70. (I know the latest is problematic
Also, what software did you use to jailbreak it?
my cmu is on 59.00.532 but I don’t have ID7 installed, so I understand I have to use a special serial Cable and a windows laptop.(or I saw one YouTube where the content creator used two wires and tapped into one of the connectors. to roll back the firmware. I might as well put ID7 on mine and put it aside if yours dies on me.
I am in Connecticut. I use a VPN on my phone and have it tunnel to a Montreal server.
the website picks up the iP so that is why you may have seen the Canadian Flag.
I have Apple Pay, a Venmo account I never use, but I’m sure I can reset the password.Zelle is horrible
Won’t even backtrack their own checks. If that is best, I’ll send you a dollar to test then if you say all is good I can send you the bal. or you should be able to request $$ (like PayPal)
Pls lmk your thoughts
Thx!
Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might need to do some more research. I am on Android and have no Apple experience whatsoever. I know I could not use the upgraded USB hub and I ended up selling mine on eBay. I had to use the old version to get Android Auto to work. That could be different with Apple though so please don't quote me. It has been nine months to a year since I've done all of my research and I don't remember.

Send me your address and I will plug it in to UPS and USPS to see how much it costs for shipping

I used the Mazda AIO tweaks. I don't have any of the information in front of me right now. 59.00.532 I do believe you need to hook up via USB serial cable. It can be finicky but you can do it I have to get good contact with the pins for plenty of forums out there that show you how to do it. I may have bookmarked somevbut I'm not in front of my computer.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
214 Posts
Hi Jeffrey
I’ll send pmt this eve
I recall that you said
299 to 48 states
I thought this included shipping
If I am mistaken, I apologize
Also can you resend your last message
It disappeared from my message thread