Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I passed by the dealer, nothing to do, so while chatting and looking at the Lusso and Abarth, I noticed the Turbo had different no.

Lusso had Garred 922 while the Abarth had 100. Do they have a different Garett turbo. tia

·
Vendor
3,350 Posts
Frank, would you happen to have any pictures? There have been a few turbo revisions with this engine in the past, but I haven't seen any yet on the 124. Anything on this could be important.

Greg

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I pass by again by the dealer, I will take a pic of the Garrett turbo_On the Turbo I see the Garrett and a small number on it and I noticed the different number on the Lusso and Abarth.

Reactions: MotoPete

·
Registered
615 Posts
Where's the small number? For example I see Garrett and A/R 46. Can't find any "922" or "100". :confused:

There is also a EL 093 in a circle stamp.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Where's the small number? For example I see Garrett and A/R 46. Can't find any "922" or "100". :confused:

I agree with Pete...A/R 46....are these numbers in the casting or bar coded stickers?...are these the numbers in the circle stamp?...interesting...

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

They were in the circle metal stamped of the turbo and were very small in print. It was not on the bar code.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine is a garrett/46 in circle say E1 or F1 101. check the picture

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,350 Posts
They all appear to be functionally the same turbo. Pete's batch number theory sounds good to me. Garrett makes turbos in various factorys and of course in different batches. This is probably just a way they keep track of things for quality control or warranty issues.

Greg

·
Registered
958 Posts
mine is a garrett/46 in circle say E1 or F1 101. check the picture
I see you have also added some "bits" to your car. Mine says EK/039. I notice that the orientation of the mark is different, not just the number.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
They might have assorted casting differences, but both the Classica/Lusso and Abarth use the same turbo. The Garrett actual part number for both is the same. Verified this myself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts