Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has had this car in his family almost since new. Theyre certainly beautiful, but I can see why he hates it so much. Lots of character, but terrible to try to keep all together and on the road. Just as it is with British roadsters, it seems the best Italian roadsters are made by Mazda!

Unfortunately we didnt have time to get any good daylight shots as we wouldve liked, so we had to make do. Still ended up coming out well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
When I was looking at the 124, My 1979 Fiat Brava had the same mags. Nice pics

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice pics. It's good to see a modern interpretation that's not 3 times the size of the original.
Like the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger? Bloated.

Orion, thanks for the great comparative night pics! Love the tail light photo of the original.

·
Vendor
3,343 Posts
The 79' Fiat was a decent car. It was far more reliable than a 79' MGB, or a Chevy Vega, or Ford Pinto of the same era. The 70's were dark times for auto enthusiasts. There were very few really good cars.

Greg

·
Registered
575 Posts
The 79' Fiat was a decent car. It was far more reliable than a 79' MGB, or a Chevy Vega, or Ford Pinto of the same era. The 70's were dark times for auto enthusiasts. There were very few really good cars.

Greg

The early 70s were nice... mid-late 70's things definitely took a turn for the worst and got quick screwie lol

·
Vendor
3,343 Posts
The early 70s were nice... mid-late 70's things definitely took a turn for the worst and got quick screwie lol
True, I was not condemning every car built in the 70's. There were some 60's holdovers that stayed pretty good until about 74', and a few even later. I am speaking very generally here when I say the 70's were dark times.

Greg

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm a fan of the early Spiders. My first Spider was a '77 and then I bought a '69. The build quality between the two was quite large, with the '69 being done up much better. My '69 was a Jerrari modified Spider, so I could never really compare how they ran.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts