Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 fiat 124spider abarth
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I thought I'd like to post some pictures of my wheel and tire fitment to help those decide on what tire and wheels they want to go with.

Wheels 18x8 Et 38
Spec 1 wheels (same weight as the originals)
Clears Brembos very well!!

Tires: Yokohama Advant sport A/S+
235/40R18 all around.

Springs: H&R lowers the car - 1.2 inches

No fender roll
No fender rub
Very slight rub on plastic liner at FULL wheel lock. So it doesn't matter to me at all.
Grip is incredibly different. It is night and day!!!
The pictures just don't do any just though. The car looks much more aggressive without it being in the realm of rice! Lol This is how it should have came and Im so happy with the new look.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Those are huge tires (25.4" diameter) for this car. Good to hear you aren't rubbing the fender after dropping 1.2". I have 24.9" tires and was concerned with having to roll fenders.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi all, I thought I'd like to post some pictures of my wheel and tire fitment to help those decide on what tire and wheels they want to go with.

Wheels 18x8 Et 38
Spec 1 wheels (same weight as the originals)
Clears Brembos very well!!

Tires: Yokohama Advant sport A/S+
235/40R18 all around.

Springs: H&R lowers the car - 1.2 inches

No fender roll
No fender rub
Very slight rub on plastic liner at FULL wheel lock. So it doesn't matter to me at all.
Grip is incredibly different. It is night and day!!!
The pictures just don't do any just though. The car looks much more aggressive without it being in the realm of rice! Lol This is how it should have came and Im so happy with the new look.
Glad to see you made it and that all it's alright.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to see you made it and that all it's alright.
Yes I'm very glad everything worked out fine as you know that I've been on this topic for 2months now haha. Very happy with the end result.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes I'm very glad everything worked out fine as you know that I've been on this topic for 2months now haha. Very happy with the end result.
Yeah I was the one that suggested you to see the hoonigans project 124 for you to see the what they did

Reactions: MALEX101

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks great! Congrats on finding a great wheel and tire combo that fits!
Lots of BS floating around regarding tire size and nothing like actual proof that things can work!
Thank you for you for this post!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now all I need it's a new frond splitter and a low profile wing that keeps the cars aggressive stance yet still looking stylish.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
MALEX101, can you please confirm something for me? The Spec-1 wheels you got are are SP-55 gloss black version that's the Spec-1 part number SP-551880938GB, correct? I'm wanting to follow suit but want to ensure I've got the correct item.

Also, a couple of follow up questions. Do you use the stock lug nuts to attach the wheels, or do you need different ones? And lastly, when you transferred the TPMS sensors from the OEM wheels, did you have to change the tips to work with the Spec-1 wheels?

I need to be 100% accurate, since I'll need to order via a US reseller, and getting them to Canada will be a challenge.... a return process is a nightmare I don't want to deal with. :)

Thanks in advance for your support and efforts on this. (BTW, I'm looking at the Nitto Invo 235/40R18 for rubber).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MALEX101, can you please confirm something for me? The Spec-1 wheels you got are are SP-55 gloss black version that's the Spec-1 part number SP-551880938GB, correct? I'm wanting to follow suit but want to ensure I've got the correct item.

I need to be 100% accurate, since I'll need to order via a US reseller, and getting them to Canada will be a challenge.... a return process is a nightmare I don't want to deal with. :)

Thanks in advance for your support and efforts on this. (BTW, I'm looking at the Nitto Invo 235/40R18 for rubber).
Yes! Those are the correct wheels! You will not be disappointed. I will tell you that the pictures don't do any justice for what I actually looks like in person. It's perfect and makes the spider look like a beast. The look and stance now totally matches the growl and rumble sound of my monza exhaust... Zero modification need to be made on the car. I will be max fitment for an 18" wheel. You will need after market lugs for them. But those can be bought where you get the tires put on the wheels. As for the tires, it's really doesn't matter. Adding that extra width makes a night and day difference period! You will not be disappointed!

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Yes! Those are the correct wheels! You will not be disappointed. I will tell you that the pictures don't do any justice for what I actually looks like in person. It's perfect and makes the spider look like a beast. The look and stance now totally matches the growl and rumble sound of my monza exhaust... Zero modification need to be made on the car. I will be max fitment for an 18" wheel. You will need after market lugs for them. But those can be bought where you get the tires put on the wheels. As for the tires, it's really doesn't matter. Adding that extra width makes a night and day difference period! You will not be disappointed!
Thank you for the quick reply. That's what I needed to know before I place the order. I'm still trying to find a local reseller, but if none are available, I know I can get them through the folks you bought yourr set from, as well as CarID. Then the only remaining question will be if I have to pay any import tariffs on them. Governments love their taxes... lol

And sorry, one last bit.... the TPMS sensors transferred straight over without having to change the valve extensions, correct?

I guess if I have to buy new lugs, it might be time to acquire a locking set to protect the investment. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the quick reply. That's what I needed to know before I place the order. I'm still trying to find a local reseller, but if none are available, I know I can get them through the folks you bought yourr set from, as well as CarID. Then the only remaining question will be if I have to pay any import tariffs on them. Governments love their taxes... lol

And sorry, one last bit.... the TPMS sensors transferred straight over without having to change the valve extensions, correct?

I guess if I have to buy new lugs, it might be time to acquire a locking set to protect the investment. :)
So I have no knowledge on the import tariffs and the taxes for over sea purchases I wouldn't be able to give you a clear answer on that. As for the TPMS sensors, no worries there as the person that will be installing the new tires should also be transferring those to the new wheels. And yes locking lugs are a good option!

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger on a purchase just shortly after I posted my last comment on this thread. So as of today, I've got tracking information on my four wheels as they begin their journey to me from Florida. No rush, since we'se supposed to get 5" of snow today, so the Spider is tucked under her blanket in the garage and safely snoozing till I wake her up for her regular winter starts. Now the six month wait till spring... :-(

But, by then I will have had the wheels devliered, and a set of tires ordered to go with them. Once I'm done the installs, I'll post some pics as well. Truly can't wait to see (and drive) the end result. thanks every so much for the useful information that assisted me in placing the order.

Reactions: Kent
1 - 20 of 31 Posts