Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Put some studded snow tires on them and have some fun in an empty parking lot of Canadian Tire.
YeeeeeHa!

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Put some studded snow tires on them and have some fun in an empty parking lot of Canadian Tire.
YeeeeeHa!
Then I can do doughnuts around all the hee-haws in their quad cab pickups. lol

Nah, she's tucked away for the winter. Ice, snow, and more importantly, salt and traction gravel will never touch her beautiful body. :)

Kidding aside, there are a lots of folks here that winter drive their Abarth's, but I have an SUV for the snow covered half of the year. More interesting is the guy in Edmonton who winter drives his Lambo. That's like a 700hp four wheel snow shovel!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wouldn't drive mine in the winter either. When I had my 308 in Wisconsin it sat on car rollers. Enjoy your 124.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just noticed what I really like about this setup more than the wheels. The black rocker panel really does justice with the lowered car for the area behind the front wheels!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good thing about living in the Tropic is that I can drive my spider all year without worrying about snow

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
So Christmas came early for the A124 today... from Florida with love.... I am very thoroughly impressed with how well these wheels were packed for shipping. And I just ordered my Abarth logo centre cap replacements for them.

Spec-1 Wheels 4a Unboxing.jpg

·
Registered
499 Posts
So Christmas came early for the A124 today... from Florida with love.... I am very thoroughly impressed with how well these wheels were packed for shipping. And I just ordered my Abarth logo centre cap replacements for them.

View attachment 79715 View attachment 79717
View attachment 79718 View attachment 79719 View attachment 79720
View attachment 79721 View attachment 79722 View attachment 79723

Wow that was really fast.Glad you received them that fast. Hope you enjoy them a lot

Reactions: CDPond

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Wow that was really fast.Glad you received them that fast. Hope you enjoy them a lot
I admit I was shocked. I ordered them late in the afternoon last Wednesday, and they were delivered shortly after noon this past Tuesday. And that was with regular FedEx delivery (not the expedited version that involves much higher cost).

Come spring, I'll be picking up a set of 235/40R18 Nitto Invo's to put on them and get them installed on the car. I've also ordered Abarth branded wheel cap inserts to replace the Spec-1 Racing caps. I am SO looking forward to seeing and driving this new set of wheels and tires. But, with snow today, more snow tomorrow, and only getting marginally above freezing starting next week.... groan.... I'm hoping things warm up enough so I can get another week or two of driving in this year. It will have to be pretty local though, as I can't risk a drive into the mountains now. So late fall prairie cruises will be the course du jour if indeed I get to do any more driving this year.

Keep me in mind as you're driving your Spider over the next few months. I'll be living vicariously through the lives of other Spider owners till spring comes around...

Reactions: Jesus Santa

·
Registered
499 Posts
I admit I was shocked. I ordered them late in the afternoon last Wednesday, and they were delivered shortly after noon this past Tuesday. And that was with regular FedEx delivery (not the expedited version that involves much higher cost).

Come spring, I'll be picking up a set of 235/40R18 Nitto Invo's to put on them and get them installed on the car. I've also ordered Abarth branded wheel cap inserts to replace the Spec-1 Racing caps. I am SO looking forward to seeing and driving this new set of wheels and tires. But, with snow today, more snow tomorrow, and only getting marginally above freezing starting next week.... groan.... I'm hoping things warm up enough so I can get another week or two of driving in this year. It will have to be pretty local though, as I can't risk a drive into the mountains now. So late fall prairie cruises will be the course du jour if indeed I get to do any more driving this year.

Keep me in mind as you're driving your Spider over the next few months. I'll be living vicariously through the lives of other Spider owners till spring comes around...
Of course I will have you in my thoughts every day and the other members that can't drive on snow.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth
44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Where did you get the awesome Abarth garage sign?
Here's a link to a post I made on here that details all the background. If you have any follow up questions after you're read the thread, just drop me a line.
Illuminated Signage for the Car Cave

NB Sookie is no longer with the company, but I have another contact that I can pass along if anyone is interested. Just post queries in the Car Cave thread, and I'll respond to them there.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts