Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I am a delighted new member to the classic Fiat 124 world. Completed my first weekend road trip with my recent purchase. Now in need of a new exhaust system (not due to my driving). Can anyone recommend where I can source on in the UK.

·
Registered
GONE18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
769 Posts
I'm certain some will speak up shortly. However, while waiting please post some pictures of the beauty. We love pictures. Welcome. It's an awesome car but I'm sure you already know that. 👍

·
865 Posts
Not in the UK but if you need exhaust options, Autoricambi.us has lots of good ones for the new and classic FIAT 124 Spider. Shipping might be a deal breaker for international orders but it would be good to check.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Have a look at the list of parts suppliers posted on this thread: Sourcing parts for a 1978 - difficult? (UK)

I would try DTR and MBG first, then have a look at suppliers in Germany. Buying from Germany post-Brexit is more troublesome than before, you need to get the supplier to exclude "Mehrwertsteuer" (Mwst. = 19% VAT) then you'll need to allow for UK 20% VAT to be added on to the cost of the parts and the postage, and also allow for import duty if above £135. I've bought loads of parts from Germany in the past for my classic 124 Spiders and my Fiat Coupes, but I'm hesitant to buy now :(

Alternatively get an exhaust fabricator place to make one up, they are simple systems, even a stainless system shouldn't cost too much.

Oh and welcome @Classic Lady let's see some pictures!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your responses - I have found Ricambio based in Uk who can supply most parts. I think I might just bite the bullet and go stainless steal. There are a number of places who will build a bespoke one for not crazy money. What are your feelings about changing the look at the back with a different exhaust? Double up? Give it a more sporty look? I have attached a photo - the joys of open top ownership in the Uk!
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for all your responses - I have found Ricambio based in Uk who can supply most parts. I think I might just bite the bullet and go stainless steal. There are a number of places who will build a bespoke one for not crazy money. What are your feelings about changing the look at the back with a different exhaust? Double up? Give it a more sporty look? I have attached a photo - the joys of open top ownership in the Uk! View attachment 86891
Azzura has covered it. Paul Di Turris at DTR or Tony Castle Miller at Middle Barton garage can supply - I've got a DTR stainless system on my 74 that DTR put on at the rebuild in 96..it will outlast the car! Twin exit pipes look nice a la CSA Abarth. Looks like yours is a later US model, with a backdate using chrome bumpers? Very nice, hope you get your exhaust sorted. G

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I hope the picture shows things on the bonnet (hood) of those 2 cars that are NOT permanent. How could you do that to such beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I hope the picture shows things on the bonnet (hood) of those 2 cars that are NOT permanent. How could you do that to such beautiful cars.
A good power sander will take them right off...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I would second the Ansa muffler. I had a similar one on my old 124. Single spout out the back looks good. Unless you are going for an original look and sound, something like that is a great addition. That looks earlier than an '80 though; I thought the 80s had that big double bumper (or was that US market only?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Guys - don't worry, they are magnetic badges relating to an event we have been doing for over 20 years - they are on for the photo and then taken off immediately not to ruin the paintwork. My previous car was a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I read your post with relief.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts