Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Amazon there is a 2016 MX-5 (OEM) cargo tray for $85. A forum member recently pointed out that our trunk is larger. Unlike the WeatherTech product for the 124 (which only covers the small area at the bottom of the trunk), this cargo tray covers most surfaces. I've been digging around but haven't found a source for the 124 version. If anyone gets any information on availability please post.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If I am not mistaken, Weather Tech is now making cargo liners and floor mat liners for the 124.
The WeatherTech is small and only covers the bottom of the trunk. I carry messy art supplies, go to the nursery, etc., and would like to find a full liner like the one in the above photo.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The WeatherTech is small and only covers the bottom of the trunk. I carry messy art supplies, go to the nursery, etc., and would like to find a full liner like the one in the above photo.
Yep, full liners are the go. The Weathertech one might catch a few spills but looks underwhelming.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Was looking at this brochure the dealer gave me re:124 spider, Fiat has a cargo tray same as the Miata, Mopar part # is 82215032. I think it's selling for $72.xx. I see the pic in the brochure but not on this site

http://www.moparpartsdeals.com/oe-mopar/82215032

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was looking at this brochure the dealer gave me re:124 spider, Fiat has a cargo tray same as the Miata, Mopar part # is 82215032. I think it's selling for $72.xx. I see the pic in the brochure but not on this site

http://www.moparpartsdeals.com/oe-mopar/82215032
That might be it! However, No one is providing an image yet. Your part number is listed (without an image) in your link, the Mopar catalogue, and Desiraparts out of the U.K. I'll call my local my Fiat parts guy and see if he can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If somebody makes one, hopefully they incorporate a place to store the tow hook.

Greg
I wrapped my tow hook in a thick diaper and stowed it in the far back of the the trunk storage compartment (the panel on the right), well beyond the tail light wires and next to the outer fender.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I wrapped my tow hook in a thick diaper and stowed it in the far back of the the trunk storage compartment (the panel on the right), well beyond the tail light wires and next to the outer fender.

Not to be a wise guy ...but, that same compartment where I went in search of the car jack and jack tools?? ....not :mad:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to be a wise guy ...but, that same compartment where I went in search of the car jack and jack tools?? ....not :mad:
Yes, that compartment. Fiat teased us with an empty jack holder brace. I can see why you're bitter, lol.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Frankmar. Thanks for that part number! I just ordered one via my local Fiat studio. They ship out of Michigan and I will get it in about a week.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the Fiat version, which I picked up today from a local Fiat studio. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a full liner like what Miata offers (the parts guy and I were working without a photograph). However, at least it's deeper than the WeatherTech product.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for that pic. One of the few disadvantages of being such an early adopter with aftermarket parts on these cars...so little info out there yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts