Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2016 Miata reviews coming soon!

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Busta 
#1 ·
Jalopnik and some other publications will be reviewing the 2016 Miata very soon, start looking at for what they have to say.

You’re all excited about the 2016 Mazda Miata. We know. If you’re a keen fan, you may have seen that it’s making the rounds to some select auto publications now ahead of reviews coming out soon. We get our shot next week. Here’s how you can see it.

As part of our new YouTube channel, we’ll be filming the 2016 Miata at beautiful Lime Rock Park in Connecticut all day on Tuesday, doing some fun stuff (we can’t tell you what yet, because then what’s the fun?).

But we do anticipate we’ll be done around 3:30 that day. If you’re in the area, why not drop in and say hi? We won’t have any sort of refreshments or anything, but we will have the 2016 Miata, which should be enough.

Come on out!

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/01/2016-mazda-mx5-miata-first-drive-review/

Here is Autoblog's review.

Yes, the ND Miata loses 12 hp compared to the outgoing NC, but it's up 8 lb-ft of torque. Plus, according to Mazda, because of the improved powerband, anytime you're under 5,700 rpm the new Skyactiv engine is stronger than the old MZR mill. It's more efficient, too. With the manual transmission, the Miata is estimated to achieve 27 miles per gallon in the city and 34 mpg highway. That a jump of six mpg in both categories compared to the old six-speed.
I did not know the ND's powertrain yielded that much of an MPG increase! Wow!

And I think this comment says it all:

The relationship between car and driver is stronger in the ND Miata than perhaps any vehicle I've tested in recent years.

Ooh I'm so excited for the 124! :)

#9 ·
And here is AutoGuide's 2016 Miata review.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/mazda/2016-mazda-mx-5-review

Sounds like the suspension is perfect for daily-driving, which is how my 124 will be used:

AutoGuide said:
A hallmark of the MX-5 has always been its soft, yet very capable suspension set-up. Having driven 8,000 miles in less than two weeks in a previous generation MX-5, it was how comfortable the car remained on various road surfaces that surprised me most. With the 2016 model, Mazda has intentionally kept the suspension set-up soft since the low curb weight, great weight distribution and responsive controls allow drivers to extract a lot of performance out of the MX-5 by manipulating weight transfer and power delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.