Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've upgraded almost all of my lighting to LEDs and thought I'd share my latest update, these LED DRL and turn signal lights. Straightforward install process, I just had to remove the wheel well liners and the panel under the engine to run the wiring. No need to remove the bumper. The only thing I'm still sorting is which fuse to use that will leave the DRLs on only when the car is on. Right now all the fuses I've tried are either always on or on when ACC is on. Not a big deal but something I'd like to change if someone has a recommendation.

Here is the before of the front lighting.
Car Tire Vehicle Grille Wheel

And here is the after.

Tire Vehicle Car Grille Vehicle registration plate

This is how the DRLs will appear in the daytime
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Here is a video of the flashers before

and the flashers and lights after

· Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
867 Posts
Very nice. I also replaced all my halogen bulbs w/LEDs. I have the OEM LED headlights so didn't have to do your mod to the DRLs, but great job. These cars are so low that anything that makes them stand out is a plus. My rear turn lights probably don't make the drivers behind me very happy, but they sure are not going to not see them.

Here's a question though that may be part of your electrical issue. On my car, the DRLs only come on when the car is in gear and moving. If the car is stationary, out of gear, the lights do not come on. So when I first start from the Park position (AT), the DRLs do not illuminate until I'm moving. Not sure if that's the same situation with the OEM halogen headlight setup. Just thought I'd mention.

· Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth - Hypnotic Red w/very large old man spilling out.
169 Posts
Sweet Baby Jesus!! (clickstongue) Noiiice.

I need to dust the box off and get mine installed. I also have the same rear side LEDs and front DRL/Signals yet to install. I already installed the side front signal seq. LEDs. School and Job are super busy so not much time. I would have done it this weekend, but had to bathe her, spray her down with a nano coating, massage and buff her, then lubricate her insides...yeah. It was hot. LoL

Now if someone would just make some sequential tail light signal bulbs...or something....

Again, Well Done!!

· Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
867 Posts
Now if someone would just make some sequential tail light signal bulbs...or something....
This idea has come up from time to time. Sergey over at MX5Things was playing with a design idea a while back, but nothing came of it IIRC. The issue he ran into is the taillight setup. In order to get a sequential LED strip into the housing it would have either required cutting the plastic itself or coming up with a folding LED strip that you could fit into the turn signal opening in the taillight housing and would then unfold once inside. I don’t think anyone has come up with a solution that’d be practical, but I could be mistaken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts