Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at Carid, AXE EX10 Series Black and polished lip with a negative offset 18x8 rim. That being said I would need a 215/35R18 Tire. I am looking for some feedback and has anyone used this rim and tire size ? Were there any clearance issues, I don't want to use spacers or roll the fender, your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks commishdjc

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Why do you want 18? Worse ride/handling/more weight/price etc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm looking at Carid, AXE EX10 Series Black and polished lip with a negative offset 18x8 rim. That being said I would need a 215/35R18 Tire. I am looking for some feedback and has anyone used this rim and tire size ? Were there any clearance issues, I don't want to use spacers or roll the fender, your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks commishdjc
Have you tried using willtheyfit.com and comparing them to other wheel and tire combinations people are successfully running?

Good-win Racing has a great guide for fitting 15" to 17" rims with different tire sizes. Maybe punch those numbers into the calculator and see how they compare to the wheel and tire combo you're looking at.

·
Registered
617 Posts
This is a pretty good app for Android. You enter tire size, rim width, and offset for stock and what you are considering. It gives you a simple drawing comparing your setups with one superimposed on the other so you can compare.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I appreciate the input and I will these apps and web sites, The rim i was looking at was available only in 18, that is why i am looking for answers from the Pros! thanks again, I will let you guys know how i make out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts